Another strange error; overwriting. -...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I have been discussing this with Scott, and it seems it only happens to me :( - on three Win10 computers and a Macbook:

I create a project and scan a site. Save it by some name.
Then I create another project, scan another site. Save it by a different name.

If I, within Sonar, open 'recent projects', I can open any of those two I made without problems.
If I, however, close Sonar and try opening the project files by clicking on them directly, I only get the last one created, regardless of which of the project files I try to open.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same. If so, please come forward so that we can get CC to change it. I mean, if you click on a programme file created by RSD, Editor, MB, Insight, RBB, RFF... you name it, then they open correctly, there is no overwriting there. So why is it different with Sonar?

I live in Norway. It has happened before that a programme has not worked correctly for me (Calendar and the old flash versions of Image gallery and Form builder). After researching quite a bit it turned out to be the difference in how we write numbers, where "comma is dot and dot is comma", when Americans write 1,250.25 we write 1.250,25. Those people working at CC in those days were saying that was not the issue, but it actually was. Could it be something like that again?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Well, Scott was able to point me in the right direction - as always ;), and the issue was down to a setting in the Tools - Preferences. If any of you out there runs into the same problem, uncheck the option 'Automatically open last project on startup'. What I thought was overwriting, was actually the last project I made being reopened every time when clicking directly on any project file.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Having the program automatically open the last project is a good option when one opens Sonar by using, for example, the Windows Start Menu or a Desktop shortcut. I think it would be an improvement if that default option were limited just to such circumstances.

When one opens the program by deliberately clicking on a particular saved .snr file, one does so with the purpose of opening that file, and not just sparking Sonar into life. For me it's only a minor matter, but I guess it's something the programmers could arrange with ease when the program is next updated.

Frank
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Today's Version 1.0 Build 16 has resolved this minor matter.

My thanks to the programmers.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Yes, and it also solved some other gripes I had with it! It's a great wee tool!

Inger
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.