Suggestions for CoffeeCup Sitemapper...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Edward Kinnally wrote:
I just had to change my ftp password, so I had to update all programs that upload using ftp, including Sitemapper. The only way I could see to do this was to run sitemapper and then make pages on the upload page. It would be more convenient to have access to the ftp settings from the main page.

That is a good idea. I have added this feature to version 5.1. We hope to have this ready by the end of the month.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 12071 Photo

42 posts

A suggestion: As a user of CoffeeCups excellent DirectFtp it would be really useful if Sitemapper could import the sites ftp details from this rather than use a seperate database.

Andy
Automate your web marketing - http://www.66th.net

User 500165 Photo

3 posts

If I stop a scan everything is disposed of. Ideally could run sitemapper for a couple of hours at a time then use the map generated so far. Why does it not allow a partial scan ?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Charles London wrote:
If I stop a scan everything is disposed of. Ideally could run sitemapper for a couple of hours at a time then use the map generated so far. Why does it not allow a partial scan ?

Sorry, but no. That is not an option.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 482897 Photo

30 posts

Can you please allow publishing to a local directory? One server I use for 2 of my sites just will not allow the CoffeeCup connection so I need to FTP the files. (Other servers are fine).

BTW, why when I say that I only want the XML file does CoffeeCup still go through the whole routine for HTML as well?

Thanks
User 482897 Photo

30 posts

Can the automatic capitalisation of the description be turned off please? I really don't want 'and' to be shown as 'And' etc.

Many thanks
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

David McConnell wrote:
Can you please allow publishing to a local directory? One server I use for 2 of my sites just will not allow the CoffeeCup connection so I need to FTP the files. (Other servers are fine).

BTW, why when I say that I only want the XML file does CoffeeCup still go through the whole routine for HTML as well?

Thanks

We will never have the ability to scan locally. Just doesn't make too much sense when the program is designed to scan a Website in the same manner a search engine would. If you must do it locally, we have instructions here on how to do this:

https://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles … d-website/

You will always still save an HTML and XML regardless of what you tell it to map. If you want every thing in the XML file only, then the HTML file will be empty. You can simply delete the file.
User 150893 Photo

6 posts

Is there a "What's New" for version 5? This would be very helpful.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

James Bott wrote:
Is there a "What's New" for version 5? This would be very helpful.

Of course! Look at the Announcements Form:

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/coffeec … uncements/
User 544648 Photo

2 posts

I have a couple of suggestions for features that I don't believe are available in 5.3 (if they are, perhaps someone could inform me).

1) Allow modifying the order of items listed. For example, my site has index.php and the sitemap files at the root, but all the other pages are in a folder named pages. But the sitemap shows all the pages links before showing the index.php and sitemap.html links. I'd like to move the index.php link to the top of the listing, not the bottom (i..e list the root files first, then files in sbudirectories).

2) For FTP, I'd like to use FTPS for security reasons. I don't see any options for doing this.

Thanks much!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.