Google Sitemap Question - Post ID 21597

User 2026639 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

Hello, i just purchased the google sitemap software and i'm having problems with it. When i have it spider my website, it only comes up with the home page. Is there a way to add folders and links under it? Can i create a file and then place it into sitemap?

Any help would be loved.

Thanks;
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Manuel

Have you tried changing the url to either the www or non www url to see if that makes a difference?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2026639 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

I have tired removing and adding the www, i have also tired it with other domains that are ours. Is there something i can change in the spider to get it to work right. I have tired it with the CoffeeCup.com website and it worked perfect.

Thanks
User 2026639 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

I messed around with some things and found it was because of a frame page. Is there any way to tell a spider to direct around this to make the map, so will it have to be create without the frame page.

Thanks;
User 2733 Photo

Ambassador
426 posts

I too have this problem with SiteMapper AND Website Search. These programs stop after the first page and sometimes don't even get to the first page. I have a meta tag set on the site in question to index,follow.
Let's not get all hurt.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

If you are using frames, try putting in the direct url to your main frame (www.domain.com/main.html) and see if that helps.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.