Files not showing in Site mapper? -...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello all,
I used the site mapper and all went well I was able to add the xml file to google and our site no problem BUT when I open the HTML file that I want to add to a page it shows only 15 links in IE while the xml file that I uploaded shows 23 which is correct. Am I doing something wrong? :rolleyes:

Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2273654 Photo

754 posts

I think that the xml files are only meant to be read by the search engine bots. What is the nature of the HTML file that you are referring to here? Is the HTML file one of the sitemaps you built with the sitemapper to put up on your site for people to view? It should be an accurate map of live links on the site and you should be able to check it at 23 links prior to trying to place it anywhere. If it is a scan and is only coming up with 15 active links then that is what it is finding. Sometimes links are active on your computer and not actually connecting live on the site. In that case you have to troubleshoot broken links.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Thanks GregB for the reply it is the html file that was exported along with the xml file. The xml file with 23 links (so far) is good. All 23 are active links don't know why the sitemapper exported html shows less but I am in the process of making a sitemap.html page so will just add each one of the 23 links to the page. May take longer but will continue on it tomorrow.
Once again Thank You :) I appreciate your feedback.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.