Where are Project Resouce files...

User 1738266 Photo

52 posts

Inger:

New thread to follow up on discussion on CSS cascade.

You said I can put my project files anywhere. The Project Resources panel is rooted in /(project folder).
How is this changed? Where do custom components go?

I can store the .rsd file anywhere. its not clear to me how to store the rest of my project. References to the docs or tutorials would be welcome.

Thanks
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Project files can be stored anywhere.
On a Mac, resource files (components, themes, etc.) are stored in:
Library > Application Support > Coffeecup Software > Responsive Site Designer
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 1738266 Photo

52 posts

Thanks, Brian, but I'm on Windows.

The equivalent to the Mac folder is on the C: drive, which I want to avoid,
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

It may be that I am misunderstanding the issue, but it seems to me possible that the question may be assuming that Site Designer is storing the files shown in the Project Resources box somewhere other than within the .rsd project file itself. That is not so. If one adds an image, text file or whatever, to the Project Resources box, it is copied to within the .rsd project file. One can observe this for example by
(a) saving a new project file and checking its size in Windows Explorer;
(b) adding an image file of reasonable size to the Project Resources box;
(c) again saving the project file and checking its size in Windows Explorer.

The folders/directories shown in the Project Resources box are not folders/directories themselves, but indicate in which folders/directories the files will be when the project is exported. This is briefly referred to here.

Similarly, components created within a project remain simply in that .rsd project file unless one exports the component to the Library for use in other project files. The Guide notes about components and the Component Library are here and here.

I would never mess with wherever the exported component library may be*, but I too keep all substantial data off the C: drive/partition, which I reserve for installed programs and the operating system. For Site Designer I consider that I keep close to this aim by
1. saving all .rsd project files in a drive/partition other than C:, and
2. when exporting a project to a hard drive, choosing a drive/partition other than C: for the export.

Frank

* There seems no reason to do so, and attempting it could jeopardise the sharing of components between projects. On my Windows 10 computer it's at C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Roaming\CoffeeCup Software\Site Designer\Components. FC
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Back here after more or less two days of travelling. Yes, Frank is right. You can save your .rsd project anywhere you want, but when it comes to finding the 'physical' folders for your resources, you need to export your projects first - to wherever you want.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.