Web Tab Text - Post ID 295613

User 2880349 Photo

9 posts

Hi,
How do I change what is displayed in the tab when I open a page to view in a web browser?
Currently it displays 'Kit Kat Theme' which is obviously the theme I am using.
I would like to change this to the name of my website.

Many Thanks.
Bruce
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hello
In site designer you need to select the text you wish to edit, then once it's selected right click with your mouse and choose edit text from the drop menu.
Change the text to whatever you want. Then exit the text editor

OOOPS I have just noticed that the text as you said is actually an image, which of course you cant change,, you will have to either make your own image or add a Heading text instead of the image
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2880349 Photo

9 posts

Hi 'Wayan Jaya'.
I think we may be at cross-purposes. Apologies.
If you look at the top of the tab which is displaying this post in your browser you will see it states something like: 'Web Tab Text | CoffeeCup Software'. Where do I access this in Site Designer to
change to what I want specifically. (Image or text.)
Bruce :-)

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Hello
In site designer you need to select the text you wish to edit, then once it's selected right click with your mouse and choose edit text from the drop menu.
Change the text to whatever you want. Then exit the text editor

OOOPS I have just noticed that the text as you said is actually an image, which of course you cant change,, you will have to either make your own image or add a Heading text instead of the image
User 125091 Photo

2 posts

Hi Bruce.

I'm using Site Designer 4, so if you're using a different version, *how* you change things may differ.

The browser tab is showing what is in between the title tags. Try pressing Ctrl-Shift-I to see if it brings up the Page Manager (like version 4 does.) Otherwise, you can try going to Pages, then Manage Project and change Title under General Settings and the text description under SEO Settings to what you want it to be.

I made a video of the "before and after" here using the same theme you used:
https://netdataprojects.com/coffeecupso … 021/bruce/

Take care.

Jim
User 2880349 Photo

9 posts

Hi Jim,
Thank you so much. Really kind of you to go to that much trouble.
Solved the problem perfectly.

Kind regards from Sydney.
Bruce
User 125091 Photo

2 posts

Hi Bruce.

You're welcome. No trouble at all. For over 10 years now I've recorded videos for clients "step-by-step" the work I've done for them so they can refer to it later for a refresher. So it's natural for me to do it.

Glad it helped.

Have a great day.

Jim

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.