V3.5 Cleaning code..... - Post ID 286236

User 2903050 Photo

260 posts

Sorry bit late to the party. My project was not particularly large but a lot of detail. It was in version 3 too as still too scared to update to 3.5 as I have a clients website now I am maintaining. Like I said, the program became unresponsive and I have to begin again. CC support couldnt help. It has been my first worrying negative as up until now, sd3 has been pretty bulletproof but I cannot really afford to have that again.
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Phil Dias wrote:
Sorry bit late to the party. My project was not particularly large but a lot of detail. It was in version 3 too as still too scared to update to 3.5 as I have a clients website now I am maintaining. Like I said, the program became unresponsive and I have to begin again. CC support couldnt help. It has been my first worrying negative as up until now, sd3 has been pretty bulletproof but I cannot really afford to have that again.

Phil maybe CC guru's will chime in and give some input also.
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2699991 Photo

4,845 posts

Ray wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
It's a cc thing according to Bob that they run to help the app run more efficiently personally I think it's a load of bull u know what. On large projects it also happens EVERY TIME I open a new page. Annoying you bet. It's still listed as an unresolved issue in my support room. It's good that there is something like that but too intrusive and too often I think better on shut down of project. Perhaps if more people ask the question what is it and why is it we might bet to a better reply or even a better way of running it without the disruption

Thanks Wayan I appreciate your explanation of this but can get annoying. Maybe now that I have about 34 pages redone and CC considers that a large project and It will happen more often hope not.

Before I forget you ever get my last Pmail?

Ray

No I have never had a Pmail in my life, (looking forward to getting one) but I got your Email
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 2699991 Photo

4,845 posts

Inger wrote:
I don't know how you do when there is a new update, do you let it overwrite the old version, or do you uninstall first? In the old days, and I mean the really old days, even a while before all the responsive apps, we always had to uninstall manually before installing an update. Scott had a routine that he used to post about how to clear out every nook and cranny. It was mainly about the HTML Editor, but also sometimes DFTP and the Form builder (flash version at that time). Apparently this is not necessary any more, but who knows if we port whatever faulty code from version to version just by letting an old version be overwritten?
I think we should ask for instructions on how to uninstall in a way that we get rid of everything, in order to be better capable of circling in a bug, when it started, what it does/or does not, if it is new in the version we are dealing with etc etc.

I use "Revo Uninstaller"
to remove the old version of the app (after saving the .exe to an external hard drive)

this completely removes the app + the registry entries so that there is no trace of the old version
I then install to the default location that the installer suggests.

On my hard drive is nothing but Browsers & the latest version of the App, (and of course all widows stuff. but thats it nothing else
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Well today I continued updating and pleased to say did not get that "clean code...." thing today at all. Was able to update 4 more pages and all went without any problems ( keeping fingers crossed) As Wayan mentioned it has to be a CC thing to help the app, so will continue and hope that annoying clean code does not come back.

Will say that glad I did decide to redo my 1.5 site from scratch to 3.5 vs doing 1.5 to 2.5 and then do 3.5 I think that way would have been a huge nightmare for me.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts
Online Now

What is a 'Pmail'??

I don't know that Revo uninstaller, but if it does its job, then good.

You have saved yourself from 2 nightmares, Ray! Twice converting, good grief!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
What is a 'Pmail'??

I don't know that Revo uninstaller, but if it does its job, then good.

You have saved yourself from 2 nightmares, Ray! Twice converting, good grief!

Was suppose to be Email but could mean Private Mail :)

Yes Inger you know what I have been going through with 1.5 as hard it has been updating from scratch to 3.5 for me I'm really glad I decided to give it a try, 40 pages down only about 6 or 7 left to do and add on test site before checking each page before uploading to my server.

Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts
Online Now

You should be done by Easter then ;) , so you can take some time off.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
You should be done by Easter then ;) , so you can take some time off.

Looking forward to time away from the site before Easter.
Ray aka Kreations
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Okay just wanted to give an update to the Cleaning Code thing.....
It happened again the other day "Cleaning Code and History Stack" and also with message "Changed Display Unit To "EM"
Took about 15 minutes and then all was fine, worked on the site for many many hours after that and no Cleaning message or Change Display message. Site has 46 pages now so I don't know if that is considered a large project in SD 3.5 :rolleyes: But all is working fine, have NOT updated yet to the latest 3.5 update due to concerns yet.

Anyone still having issues with the latest 3.5 update???

Ray
Ray aka Kreations

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.