V3 Font question - Post ID 284842

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello all,
Just have a question concerning using fonts in V3. I know there are many to pick from even Google but playing it safe I have Arial, Helvetica at 16px. Knowing it is what they call a "Safe Web Font" why does it look different on browsers? In Chrome ok in FF ok just a little different but IE completely smaller. I know IE 11 has problems for V3 but just wondering do I have to add some sort of "style" in header?
Wanted to stay with Open Sans fallback Cursive BUT they are different on IE and Mozilla. Any thoughts or is it something we all have to live with.
Thanks,
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

I would not pull your hair out with IE11... if anything use Edge instead. This is still not perfect I prefer to stay completely away from microsoft based browsers... much to hard to support.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Steve wrote:
I would not pull your hair out with IE11... if anything use Edge instead. This is still not perfect I prefer to stay completely away from microsoft based browsers... much to hard to support.

Thank s Steve I appreciate your feedback and do not have Edge as of yet still prefer using Win 7 pro.and it has IE 11, I know 7 will no longer have security updates in 2020 but do like 7.

I agree about the browser, my main one is still FF and then Chrome.

The fonts had me concerned as they say Times is really not being used much and from what I tested I like the Open Sans along with Georgia or Geneva. Have to pick one of them and stick to it. Been along time working on the V3 update but with helped received from so many here I am slowly getting it :)

I check your work often really great
I see most sites you still use Menu Builder I do like that program may go back to it in V3 to see how it looks.

Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Many of my old sites do use menu builder. Buy anything new I build with SD3 I do not use MB. The menus I create in SD3 are way better, can modify them just as much and the code is 1million times better/cleaner.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.