Using the NEW form elements SD - Post...

User 332337 Photo

120 posts

I have a form I am processing with S-Drive using Form Builder. Any ideas how to re-implement into SD as the elements are now available? How do I get it functioning/processed with or without using S-Drive? Avoiding PHP or any coding requirements from my side.

The client site is hosted on a different server than where I have the form sitting right now.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

If you are using the S-drive just for testing purposes, I guess you can upload a form to the specially assigned space for forms and then link to it. That will work also with creating and styling the form in SD. The scripts (and php) you need for the form to work will have to come from the Form Builder anyway.
When transferring it to your client's domain, you just need to correct the linking
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 332337 Photo

120 posts

So I should continue to use Form Builder and keep everything there? It is easy enough, create form, upload to S-Drive and grab embed code for SD site.

Was hoping to remove the extra program/step.

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

We're all hoping the same, but for now, it's just the Form Designer - not the Form Builder - that has made its way into SD.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2695940 Photo

148 posts

Inger wrote:
We're all hoping the same, but for now, it's just the Form Designer - not the Form Builder - that has made its way into SD.

I second this thought. I always thought it should be a part of Form Designer and now with FD functionality in SD it would be great to have Form Builder script included. One can only hope it will arrive sometime soon. I know a lot of people have asked for this in the past...

John Ferguson
Website Design and Development
www.jf1.co

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.