Using ID Selector with Type Class -...

User 1869666 Photo

229 posts

I'm working on a site in which I would like to have a different background photo header for each page. I thought I could do that by assigning a Type Class to the Container holding the Header and assigning each page a different ID Selector ID. I expected the ID would allow me to put a different photo in the Header Image Container. Is that how it's suppose to work?
User 2699991 Photo

4,836 posts

Carolyn Borjon wrote:
I'm working on a site in which I would like to have a different background photo header for each page. I thought I could do that by assigning a Type Class to the Container holding the Header and assigning each page a different ID Selector ID. I expected the ID would allow me to put a different photo in the Header Image Container. Is that how it's suppose to work?

You can do it that way or you can give each container an additional class name all of its own.
If you assign a an I'd them ake sure that you apply the new background to the container id
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 2699991 Photo

4,836 posts

Sorry I miss read your post

You can either give the Header with the background image a different class name on each page then add the background image or you add an I'd to the Header not the page
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 1869666 Photo

229 posts

After reading and re-reading your post Wayan turns out my problem was that I needed to click the background selector image to set the image once I had selected it. I tried giving a duplicate page a new Type Class name with a new Container background image and that worked without changing other pages. Thank you once again!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.