Typography Strangeness going on... -...

User 2942998 Photo

74 posts

I am using Big Caslon 25px and all uppercase for course titles on cards. I noticed that numbers and parentheses are rendered in capitalized lowercase(?...and no I'm not drinking), So a title i.e. "Level 3", the 3 is the same height as the lowercase letters, it actually looks smaller, almost subscript.
To remedy, you have to change the number to standard case.

So the question is, is this something in the CSS handling or the way SD renders the code?

Check out the attached photo...
Attachments:
User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

Keith Van Wemmer wrote:
I am using Big Caslon 25px and all uppercase for course titles on cards. I noticed that numbers and parentheses are rendered in capitalized lowercase(?...and no I'm not drinking), So a title i.e. "Level 3", the 3 is the same height as the lowercase letters, it actually looks smaller, almost subscript.
To remedy, you have to change the number to standard case.

So the question is, is this something in the CSS handling or the way SD renders the code?

Check out the attached photo...

That's to do with the font not Site Designer
try Baskerville

or go into text editor highlight the number and increase the font size (but this is not really the ideal way to do it using in-line editor
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2942998 Photo

74 posts

Thanks, that's sort of what I did, just changed it from all caps to standard and everything acted as expected.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.