Text box positioning - Post ID 296821

User 41993 Photo

10 posts

Dear all,
As a newbie to Site Designer I am finding it a bit frustrating when compared to (eg)Google sites, as the system is not as intuitive as it should be IMO.
What I want to do is create a page - a text header (done, after a fight with formatting) with, below, a picture on the left hand side and a pair of text paragraphs to the right of the picture. I have attempted to try and place the two text areas where I want them to be but they keep bouncing back to just below the header and above the picture. I am now getting frustratingly angry as to how I want to achieve the placement of these text areas without the system over-riding what I am trying to do. From the 'placement' options what is the correct choice that I have to use so that the boxes stay where I want them to be - absolute, relative or what?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Hi Alan,

Which framework are you using?
Are you using a template or any of the components provided by Coffeecup?

If you are getting nowhere, I suggest that you pop your started-on project into your Dropbox or similar, and let us have a link to it. That way we can tell you what you need to do to get it sorted. An image of the problem is of no use, we need to see the code.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Alan Brown wrote:
Dear all,
As a newbie to Site Designer I am finding it a bit frustrating when compared to (eg)Google sites, as the system is not as intuitive as it should be IMO.

Hi
Well I should say that Site Designer is intuitive the problem lies mostly in your inexperience and knowledge with using it and what and how it can do things for you, which isn't at all surprising as you are new to it, and of course it's different to others (especially Google apps and shouldn't really be compared to any of them.

I have made a short video, showing two examples of what I envisage you are trying to do, I have used the "foundation 6 framework"
but the method and thought process applies to the other frameworks (except frameworkless)

If you have a mind to take a look and see if either of them is somewhere close, and I can do another "How To" video.
If not no worries, then upload a schematic drawing of your idea, or let us have the link to the project file (as per Inger's suggestion) would help anyone to try and get a workable solution for you.

https://youtu.be/IQf46G_e1oQ
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

It's Me again
Take heart about your frustrations, anger and other emotions. There have been and will be, many many others that are new to Site Designer that have suffered and experienced the same emotions in the beginning.

Don't be afraid to come onto this forum and let others know what you need answers for, solutions to, or just plain old help with, this forum has plenty of users that are more than capable of, willing and able to, can help and do help. Even if it's for the smallest trivial thing.

I have been helping a newbie to Site Designer for the last 2 months or so (not everyday, more on a when it's needed basis) he was also experiencing all sorts of frustration, anger, and almost dare I say despair. We have worked together over these months and now it has got to the point where he no longer experiences so much anger, frustration & despair, in fact he has mentioned on more than one occasion, that he enjoys working on it now and he has started to make his real webpage. Mind you he is a good student, and practices everyday.

It is a great big learning curve for most new users (and still remains so for others) this learning curve gets a little easier as time goes by, and you will reach that OOOH OOOH AHHH AAA moment when it all starts to come together.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.