Suggestions for Responsive Site...

User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

STEFKE wrote:
Best Support
Please further support the RSD v2.50 since many still use that product and are very satisfied with it.

RSD 3.5 is so much better. You can do everything you did in 2.5 and much more.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 2926249 Photo

4 posts

Be able to upload my custom fonts directly in to RSD so I don't have to mess about with linking external fonts pls!
User 334618 Photo

23 posts

Loved the old Visual Site Designer and hoped RSD would be similar.... unfortunately many of the intuitiveness of VSD is not present in RSD.

For example, to do something as simple as zoom in on a photo while the mouse hovers over it takes no fewer than 15 steps. You have to set the normal and then the hover modes, and I found setting the Focal point acheived what I wanted, but the focal point was not considered by Transitions. So even setting a transition speed, it did not factor the change in focal point, and so it jumps unattractively from the main picture to the zoomed up one as if pictures had been swapped out, without the slowly zooming in effect that I wanted. So then I toyed around with the scale setting, etc etc etc, but I didn't want the picture itself to get bigger, I only wanted to zoom in on it. Then started messing around with Cover vs Fill, and trying to scale the picture up while scaling the dimensions down to try to force it to zoom in without changing the photo size, but that didn't achieve it. Basically have wasted several hours and still haven't gotten the effect I wanted, close enough I guess between all the little settings I've changed, but its been stressful and annoying.

My suggestion: A simple right click "Special photo effects" feature for pictures that pulls up a selection menu. Zoom picture: What triggers the zoom? Mouse hover. How fast to zoom: simple speed scale bar. Zoom in or out? Select I or O. How long to zoom for? Set milliseconds.

Another special photo effect that would be nice to have a right click option for, "Translate (slide picture left or right)" Starting point: Select part of photo you want in the initial frame. Slide picture left or right? Select L or R. Slide speed? Select slow, medium, fast, or set milliseconds. Repeat photo? Select infinite loop, reverse direction or stop when the edge is reached.
Ideally this would be compatible with the zoom feature I wrote about above, so you could both translate and zoom at the same time with just a few clicks.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

L M wrote:
Loved the old Visual Site Designer and hoped RSD would be similar.... unfortunately many of the intuitiveness of VSD is not present in RSD.

For example, to do something as simple as zoom in on a photo while the mouse hovers over it takes no fewer than 15 steps. You have to set the normal and then the hover modes, and I found setting the Focal point acheived what I wanted, but the focal point was not considered by Transitions. So even setting a transition speed, it did not factor the change in focal point, and so it jumps unattractively from the main picture to the zoomed up one as if pictures had been swapped out, without the slowly zooming in effect that I wanted. So then I toyed around with the scale setting, etc etc etc, but I didn't want the picture itself to get bigger, I only wanted to zoom in on it. Then started messing around with Cover vs Fill, and trying to scale the picture up while scaling the dimensions down to try to force it to zoom in without changing the photo size, but that didn't achieve it. Basically have wasted several hours and still haven't gotten the effect I wanted, close enough I guess between all the little settings I've changed, but its been stressful and annoying.

My suggestion: A simple right click "Special photo effects" feature for pictures that pulls up a selection menu. Zoom picture: What triggers the zoom? Mouse hover. How fast to zoom: simple speed scale bar. Zoom in or out? Select I or O. How long to zoom for? Set milliseconds.

Another special photo effect that would be nice to have a right click option for, "Translate (slide picture left or right)" Starting point: Select part of photo you want in the initial frame. Slide picture left or right? Select L or R. Slide speed? Select slow, medium, fast, or set milliseconds. Repeat photo? Select infinite loop, reverse direction or stop when the edge is reached.
Ideally this would be compatible with the zoom feature I wrote about above, so you could both translate and zoom at the same time with just a few clicks.

I wouldn't hope for anything for RSD anymore, with the new SD V3.5 or V4 (soon to be,,( RSD (Stand Alone) I suspect will fall by the wayside & will not be getting anything.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2945683 Photo

26 posts

Sir, I am Using ladybuggs theme. in which only 3 pages layouts are available. but i want to create 3 more pages. specially contact us and picture gallery.

I want to know that. how can i setup the ladyout of my page? using materialize famework.
Amit Kumar
serviceatclick@gmail.com
http://www.serviceatclick.com
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

You need to create those pages yourself and link them to the menu. You can either create blank pages and make the layout and styling yourself, or you can duplicate one of the existing pages and just rename it and change out the contents. I guess the latter would be the easier.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

Hello everyone. I hope everybody is staying healthy and safe.

Quick question if I can:

Hello. I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe :). I still use the original Visual Site Designer (I did buy the current Site Designer 2.5, but have not started to use it yet).

With VSD I am trying to add a video player to a page and as Flash is no longer supported online I can no longer use the video player I made with CC Flash video player. I changed my 9 video clips to mp4's and am trying to find a free program where it will let me add the 9 small video clips to one player with a menu that I can add to a new HTML page within my VSD program. I also have 7 photos on the landing page of the site you used to be able to click on where the site visitor would hear a quick audio file matching the photo. Is there a way I can still do that and not have another page open over the main mage?

The website is http:www.TrilogyOfTerror.com and screen grabs attached.

Thank you kindly and hope you are healthy and safe :) .

Any suggestions?
Attachments:
User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

Pic of my landing page. The site visitor used to be able to click a photo and hear a short audio clip of the scene without opening up a new page and they were able to stay on the page and click and photo. I am trying to do that within VSD again without flash of course. Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments:
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Always Learning wrote:
Pic of my landing page. The site visitor used to be able to click a photo and hear a short audio clip of the scene without opening up a new page and they were able to stay on the page and click and photo. I am trying to do that within VSD again without flash of course. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hello again
This isn't really the place for this post question, There is a temporary solution which may work, I have made a suggestion in your other post about this
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.