Stuck in the 20th Century - Post ID...

User 556652 Photo

146 posts

I started with Mosaic. The first browser I believe. Was also using Darpa-net working on my Master in Engineering.

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

I think we are a lot 'oldies' here, who started early with this stuff! ;) And experience will come in very handy when learning new tricks.

I wonder how Cur is getting along with his first tentative steps into the 21st century. :)

For what it's worth, in my signature I have a link to my 'honey' site, the very first site I made with Responsive Foundation framer (RFF), one of the forerunners of RSD and SD3. I'm not mentioning this because it's such a great site, but because I kept a blog along with it. That blog might be of some interest to newbies, as I'm describing my progress with the site, what problems I had with RFF and how I was able to solve them. My guess is, that other people might run into some of the same problems that I had when I was a novice with RFF.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 345577 Photo

373 posts

Hi Inger,

To satisfy your curiosity, I'll report that I've done just a little actual experimenting, importing the Visions and KitKat themes and playing with some of the buttons/settings/parameters in SD3. I've also been watching -- repeatedly, in some cases -- some of the videos that Bob and Suzanne created.

And, I saw a thread about your updating what you've referred to as your 'honey' site and looked at several of the links/projects there. Trying to get some of this to sink in before I tackle it in interest. Plus, I have a lot of distractions that are splitting my time and attention-span these days.

I believe in providing feedback to those who offer assistance in forums, and you can be sure I'll be back and give a progress report once (if?) I accomplish something!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

Hi Cur,

I didn't mean to rush you! :lol:

Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2346225 Photo

25 posts

I'm pretty much a lurker here, but I too go back a few years. I first cut my teeth on CP/M in the early 80's on KayPro machines, working on dBASE II. Then I 'graduated' to MS-DOS on AT&T computers, and then on to various clones that have since gone defunct. I was an original CompuServe sysop (Health & Fitness, Bodybuilding, and PackRat) for many years until it folded, and have been a Microsoft beta tester since Windows 95, MSN, and Office 95! Oh, those were fun years cutting our teeth on the new technology. We thought we'd died and gone to heaven when 56K modems came out! Now I'm stuck on AT&T's U-Verse at 25 Mbps and continually gripe how much I miss my previous cable company's 125 Mbps speeds! Anyway, I owe each of you such a debt of gratitude for so many tips I've picked up reading all the posts. --Neil
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

Hey, my very first own computer was an AT&T, but we had then got as far as Windows 3.0. Before that we had been using various early models at work, some where you had to load the OS first, every time, before you could do anything.

Well, if you have any specific questions, just shoot them at us, and then we'll see. ;) The 'collected brain capacity' in this forum is capable of a lot of things :lol:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.