Some info please - Post ID 288851

User 2214750 Photo

15 posts

Hi,

I am sure one of you knowledgeable people will be able to answer a couple of probably simple questions I have.
I have searched the forums, but not found an answer.

1. With reference to the 'Kit&Kat' theme (although t I am sure it applies to other themes too), there is some javascript to allow the slow scroll from one anchor to another. How can you view/change this (for example to alter the scroll speed) from within RSD, I can't see how you can display this to do it except by previewing it in a browser and looking at the source code. but there you can only view it of course?

2. When you look through the 'Elements' some of the parent Containers, have a small blue circle with a square white box inside, next to them - what does this mean?

Thanks in advance...I'll get there in the end.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

To your 2nd question, those wee icons you mention are telling you that those parts have been built with CSS grid.

To be able to reply to the first question, I need to download the theme and take a look. Maybe someone else has it already and can reply sooner.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Brian Johnson wrote:
Hi,

I am sure one of you knowledgeable people will be able to answer a couple of probably simple questions I have.
I have searched the forums, but not found an answer.

1. With reference to the 'Kit&Kat' theme (although t I am sure it applies to other themes too), there is some javascript to allow the slow scroll from one anchor to another. How can you view/change this (for example to alter the scroll speed) from within RSD, I can't see how you can display this to do it except by previewing it in a browser and looking at the source code. but there you can only view it of course?

2. When you look through the 'Elements' some of the parent Containers, have a small blue circle with a square white box inside, next to them - what does this mean?

Thanks in advance...I'll get there in the end.

STRUCTURED DATA
PAGE MANAGER
In the footer section of the page is the JS script
<!-- SMOOTH SCROLL -->
<script>
$(function() {
$('a.smooth-scroll[href*="#"]:not([href="#"])').click(function() {
if (location.pathname.replace(/^\//,'') == this.pathname.replace(/^\//,'') && location.hostname == this.hostname) {
var target = $(this.hash);
target = target.length ? target : $('[name=' + this.hash.slice(1) +']');
if (target.length) {
$('html,body').animate({
scrollTop: target.offset().top
}, 1000); <<<<<<THIS IS THE SPEED CONTROL, THE HIGHER THE NUMBER THE SLOWER THE SCROLL
the lower the number the faster the scroll

return false;
}
}
});
});
</script>
<!-- End of SMOOTH SCROLL -->
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2214750 Photo

15 posts

Thank you both for your swift response, I got that now...onwards...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.