Sitemap - Post ID 291371

User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

What do you guys use for a sitemap creator?

Up to this point I haave been using CCs old Sitemapper for jsut the xml and using that but wondered if I should change

Thanks

Byron
User 2699991 Photo

4,797 posts
Online Now

Byron Tipping wrote:
What do you guys use for a sitemap creator?

Up to this point I haave been using CCs old Sitemapper for jsut the xml and using that but wondered if I should change

Thanks

Byron

Well Byron that one works for me,
However
Not all websites need a sitemap especially if all the pages on your website are clearly listed on your main navigation menu, then it isn’t necessary to provide a sitemap of either XML or HTML type

Google itself says the XML type of sitemap is useful only if:

1/ Your site is really large..

2/ Your site has a large archive of content pages that are tucked away somewhere hard to find or not linked to each other

3/ Your site is new and has only a few external that link to it.
However if: you register your site with the Google Search Console or submit your home page to other search engines, and all your pages are linked from your main menu then it isn't necessary

4/Your site uses rich media content, as can be shown in Google News, or it uses other sitemaps-compatible formats. then Google can take additional information from those sitemaps into account for search engine results.

Google also points out that, in terms of site ranking, you will not be penalized for NOT having either kind of sitemap. Nor will your ranking be improved simply by having a sitemap.

So really it's more important to make sure you have clear & followable links on your site.
There are however plenty of free XML generators out there if you really feel the need, just google it.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

Thanks W!
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

I’m on Mac and use an app called Integrity. It’s great for generating a site map as well as finding link issues.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.