Site Designer suggestions - Page 29 -...

User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
4,857 posts
Online Now

Bosco wrote:
A 32 bit app does not have access to higher levels of physical memory. More memory equals better handling of data. We could eliminate the slowness that happens when we are approaching that hundred page limit and bring SD into the modern world.


Well actually I know that, I was testing to see if the original poster knew why, because unless I am being really thick here, Site designer V5 build 3541 is actually 64 bit, and I believe has been so for some time now, so if you are on a 32 bit version, its time to upgrade or update,
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 379556 Photo


Registered User
1,537 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
...unless I am being really thick here, Site designer V5 build 3541 is actually 64 bit ...

Windows 11 seems to create a conflict of information here.

A. In Windows 11, Windows Explorer includes Site Designer build 3541 in the Program Files folder, which suggests that it is 64bit, and not in the Program Files (x86) folder where 32bit programs usually go.

B. When Site Designer build 3541 is running, the Windows 11 Task Manager Processes section says:
Site Designer.exe (32 bit) (2)
Qt Qtwebengineprocess (32 bit)
Site Designer.exe (32 bit)
Similarly the architecture column in the Details section of the Task Manager shows both Qt and SD as x86, not x64.

Perhaps the CoffeeCup team will be able to clarify which part of Windows 11 is correct, and persuade Microsoft to show it correctly in both parts. My suspicion is that Wayan is correct but the Task Manager's information is a hangover from when I used to run earlier versions of SD. Perhaps the Task Manager attributes to both programs the architecture of Qt because SD uses this.

Frank
User 53435 Photo


Registered User
79 posts

A couple of suggestions after building a site with lost of external resource links (documents, drawings etc stored externally to the project).
1. The ability to generate a report/listing of all the links in all the pages to be able to check them all easily and correct any errors without having to open each page and click on each link to see it.
2. Extension of (1) to allow editing of the links. For example, changing the folder in which the docs are stored currently means going through all pages and manually editing all the links. A simple editor that allowed this to happen with a global search and replace and then update the project would be a quicker way to do this.
User 53435 Photo


Registered User
79 posts

I seem to spend a great deal of time in the Inspector panel, selecting items and then clicking across to the Styles and Element panels.
To eliminate all this extra clicking I'm suggesting a way to dock the Inspector panel so it is visible all the time, say in a lower zone or an extra far left pane, allowing easy element navigation without additional clicks between the panels.
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
4,857 posts
Online Now

Geoff Swan wrote:
I seem to spend a great deal of time in the Inspector panel, selecting items and then clicking across to the Styles and Element panels.
To eliminate all this extra clicking I'm suggesting a way to dock the Inspector panel so it is visible all the time, say in a lower zone or an extra far left pane, allowing easy element navigation without additional clicks between the panels.

make it optional :::: then a good idea for many user who don't like clicking too many times, otherwise :P
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 53435 Photo


Registered User
79 posts

Agree, some kind of dockable pane system would work so you can setup that area of the workspace how you want it and keep it like that. I've seen that in many other programs.
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
4,857 posts
Online Now

Geoff Swan wrote:
Agree, some kind of dockable pane system would work so you can setup that area of the workspace how you want it and keep it like that. I've seen that in many other programs.

The problem is that many users use laptops not connected to larger monitors (I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW) so if it was permanent, then that would make it even more difficult to see what was going on further up (as in behind the right panel) for those that do use laptops.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 122279 Photo


Senior Advisor
14,470 posts
Online Now

+10000!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com


User 53435 Photo


Registered User
79 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Geoff Swan wrote:
Agree, some kind of dockable pane system would work so you can setup that area of the workspace how you want it and keep it like that. I've seen that in many other programs.

The problem is that many users use laptops not connected to larger monitors (I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW) so if it was permanent, then that would make it even more difficult to see what was going on further up (as in behind the right panel) for those that do use laptops.


Only permanent as a configuration option for a user of a device. You set up the workspace once and on that device it stays like that (ie not having to re-organise the workspace every time you start the program).
Many programs have multiple workspace layouts that you can call up easily.
User 53435 Photo


Registered User
79 posts

Inger wrote:
+10000!


I sometimes wonder if there is any more than two or three people using this forum and whether the developers actually look at any of the posts...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.