Site Designer progressively slows to...

User 53435 Photo

79 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
'm guessing you do not have automated backups operating then

Nope I don't as in no reason to if I save the project file I am working on, and I also have the 'auto save project file set to 5 mins, which means that even if we lose electric here (which happens quite a lot especially during heavey tropical rainstorms, I only lose 5 minutes work at most, and I always save a project regardless after a big change in styling/layout etc

I get a lot of power outages here too, usually due to falling trees and branches. I use a UPS to keep machines powered for a couple of hours after blackout so it gives me plenty of time to save any work and shut down cleanly.
Backups, however, are a different thing. When you SSD fails or your computer is damaged/stolen then unless you have a backup it may take some time to rebuild what you have lost. I can recover everything (including the OS SSD) if there are any events that take out a system or drive. Remember, it's not a backup unless the file is in three places!
User 3119912 Photo

3 posts

It sounds like you are experiencing performance issues with a specific software or program on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer. Here are some steps you can take to try to improve the performance of the program:
    Check for Updates: Make sure the program is up to date by checking for any available updates or patches. Often, software developers release updates that include performance improvements and bug fixes.

Close Other Programs: Other programs running on your computer can use up system resources and slow down the performance of the program you are using. Close any unnecessary programs to free up resources.

Increase System Resources: If your computer is low on RAM or processing power, this can affect the performance of the program. Consider upgrading your computer's RAM or CPU to improve overall performance.

Check for Malware: Malware can slow down your computer and affect the performance of programs. Run a malware scan using an anti-virus program to check for any infections.

Check for Conflicts: Some programs can conflict with each other and cause performance issues. Check for any conflicts by disabling any other programs that may be running in the background.

Reinstall the Program: If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the program to see if this resolves the issue.

If none of these steps work, you may want to contact the software developer or manufacturer's technical support team for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be able to provide a solution specific to the program you are experiencing issues with.
User 2699991 Photo

4,820 posts
Online Now

Geoff Swan wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
'm guessing you do not have automated backups operating then

Nope I don't as in no reason to if I save the project file I am working on, and I also have the 'auto save project file set to 5 mins, which means that even if we lose electric here (which happens quite a lot especially during heavey tropical rainstorms, I only lose 5 minutes work at most, and I always save a project regardless after a big change in styling/layout etc

I get a lot of power outages here too, usually due to falling trees and branches. I use a UPS to keep machines powered for a couple of hours after blackout so it gives me plenty of time to save any work and shut down cleanly.
Backups, however, are a different thing. When you SSD fails or your computer is damaged/stolen then unless you have a backup it may take some time to rebuild what you have lost. I can recover everything (including the OS SSD) if there are any events that take out a system or drive. Remember, it's not a backup unless the file is in three places!

I still can't see why you need a project file in site designer to be open in order to perform a back up. But that's no matter for me, I have solved my instance of similar issues and have informed the CC team that are investigating so they can hopefully spot something.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.