Site Designer 3.0.2879

User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

The highlights for this version include:
Added breakpoint tooltips with current pixel position. This allows you to quickly see what is the position of its breakpoint by just hovering the dot in the breakpoints bar.
Corrected an Issue when upgrading from 2.5 with elements using class `small-xxx`.
Tweaked the Rocket Theme for Foundation.
Updated CoffeeCup Font Icons (includes the Icomoon ultimate set).

All very admirable, but still not corrected some of the basic stuff, that seems to me should have been a priority

most importantly

the random greying out of the "save" button
I downloaded the latest today, started a brand new project, & have had the grey out happen 5 0r 6 times already, I know one can "save as" and overwrite the project file, then close project file & then re-open it, and save as normal until it decides to grey out again, but that is not an ideal situation, and should have been fixed by now

so please please CC guru's get your priorities straight, fix some of those issues that have been hanging about for a long while now.

I know they don't look in the forums that much, & I have sent them a support ticket. Anybody else has some things which you feel need addressing before getting something like a tooltip to tell you where you are on the slider scale, bung it here & then we can hopefully get some action to fix stuff.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2903050 Photo

260 posts

For me, when in grid mode, when changing the breakpoint, the program crashes and you have to restart. Regards Phil
User 2695940 Photo

148 posts

I'm still hoping for a change to the adding of a breakpoint that includes a confirmation notice to be clicked or a (option or command) key be pressed to add a new breakpoint. Seems like a very simple fix. I also agree with the above suggestions.
John Ferguson
Website Design and Development
www.jf1.co
User 2695940 Photo

148 posts

One more thing... maybe it's just me but why must I have to see the "Do you want to save the current project?" dialog box when opening SD3 and then going to Open Recents in the File menu? If it opens to a blank project before I can open a recent project it just seems dumb for me to have the option to save a totally blank project. Any thoughts?
John Ferguson
www.jf1.co
User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

John Ferguson wrote:
One more thing... maybe it's just me but why must I have to see the "Do you want to save the current project?" dialog box when opening SD3 and then going to Open Recents in the File menu? If it opens to a blank project before I can open a recent project it just seems dumb for me to have the option to save a totally blank project. Any thoughts?

So why not open recent project straight away?
One has that option if one clicks just to open SDv3 when the window appears there is option to open recent projects

the other way I have it set up is on my taskbar I have the SDv3 pinned to the taskbar, then when right clicking you get the choice of recent, projects or you can even pin one to the list that appears
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

John Ferguson wrote:
I'm still hoping for a change to the adding of a breakpoint that includes a confirmation notice to be clicked or a (option or command) key be pressed to add a new breakpoint. Seems like a very simple fix. I also agree with the above suggestions.

Yes that's exactly what I am on about,, something like that to me seems more logical/beneficial to users experience using SDv3 than seeing a tooltip that tells you what the px width is, especially when they say one shouldn't be thinking about pixels when designing the layout.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2695940 Photo

148 posts

One has that option if one clicks just to open SDv3 when the window appears there is option to open recent projects

the other way I have it set up is on my taskbar I have the SDv3 pinned to the taskbar, then when right clicking you get the choice of recent, projects or you can even pin one to the list that appears[/quote]

I have SD3 in my Dock on the Mac and I'm not given an option to Open Recents when right clicking. When the program opens it automatically opens a blank project. Then I can go to file and select Open Recents. I click on a recent and it still asks me if I want to save the Blank project that opened at startup. Not a big issue but this never happened in RSD 2.5.
John Ferguson
www.jf1.co
User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

John Ferguson wrote:

the other way I have it set up is on my taskbar I have the SDv3 pinned to the taskbar, then when right clicking you get the choice of recent, projects or you can even pin one to the list that appears

I have SD3 in my Dock on the Mac and I'm not given an option to Open Recents when right clicking. When the program opens it automatically opens a blank project. Then I can go to file and select Open Recents. I click on a recent and it still asks me if I want to save the Blank project that opened at startup. Not a big issue but this never happened in RSD 2.5.[/quote]

Ahh I think you have therefore set the open default and checked the "don't show " on start up

Not sure how you can go back to the default window opening
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

John Ferguson wrote:

I have SD3 in my Dock on the Mac and I'm not given an option to Open Recents when right clicking. When the program opens it automatically opens a blank project. Then I can go to file and select Open Recents. I click on a recent and it still asks me if I want to save the Blank project that opened at startup. Not a big issue but this never happened in RSD 2.5.[/quote]

If you go to "Action" tab, select Preferences,, then "reset don't show again" then when you open SDv3 again, it will open the default window where you can then select the "open recent" tab without it opening a blank project file first
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

Who is saying what here? I have to read the last couple of posts more than once before I find what is a quote and what is your own saying. If you guys could please observe the quoting code... ;)

Those tool tips are not important to me, a series of other fixes that we have suggested would be more than welcome.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.