Simple drop-down menu with Bootstrap...

User 2699991 Photo

4,817 posts

Hi Carolyn
Hope you are doing ok over there, glad you found it useful and that you picked up some things. It can still be a hit and miss thing sometimes even for the experienced and those of us who are starting to see things not so clearly :)
To be honest that line in the inspector pane that indicates where the things will end up is a bit too faint, I have just been working on a project using SD3.5 and oh boy that line is as white as white can be, makes it easy to see where you are putting things.
Thanks again
Stay safe and well over there
Wayan
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 1471420 Photo

60 posts

Hi guys,
I've given up on the nesting containers problem. Fyi, I wanted to use a container that held all the others, so that I could set a width and centre all the others containers in one place. No matter, i have set them all individually. I still can't nest any other containers for some reason, but thats not a problem for now.

The problem now is that Im trying to use a drop down, within a drop down menu. Where some menu items have submenu's below them. I have all this working but its not smooth. For example; clicking the submenu item shows the submenu, great, but clicking it a second time does not close only the submenu, it closes the whole menu. Do I need to add code to close the sub properly so that the whole menu isnt closed?
User 2699991 Photo

4,817 posts

The problem now is that Im trying to use a drop down, within a drop down menu. Where some menu items have submenu's below them. I have all this working but its not smooth. For example; clicking the submenu item shows the submenu, great, but clicking it a second time does not close only the submenu, it closes the whole menu. Do I need to add code to close the sub properly so that the whole menu isnt closed?

You need to add a "#no-link" to the Href of the submenu item link that opens it's submenu items
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.