Share your websites made with Site...

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

They still show up in Chrome. Just thought you might want to know. Really cool pictures.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Stonecherub wrote:
Ah CoffeeCup. I have no idea how that got into my project. I deleted the background image in the class and they're gone.

They still show on mobile devices
They got there bcs at some stage you put them there things like that can't get there any other way than you putting them the?e

At the bottom of the page is some text about godammest something or other and the word LINK next to it which doesn't work followed by the word FOOTER which means nothing to your visitors and does nothing.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2866956 Photo

7 posts

My first client site built with Site Designer
http://cowfoldprecision.co.uk
All comments and suggestions gratefully received

Martyn
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Martyn wrote:

Martyn

Hi Martyn
On my phone the background images are a little bit too strong making the text difficult to read. And very slow loading not at home at the moment so can't check on pc
Also the automatic dialer for mobiles is missing the + in front of the 44 number but then one wonders if the international code should be there if so then it needs that prefix
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Martyn wrote:

Martyn

I borrowed the hotel pc
looks good on larger devices

I did, however, notice a couple of things
1/ the site isn't secure, which results in a message from the browser about it not being secure and advises not to enter sensitive information (not really good nowadays to not have the SSL certification)

2/ There doesn't seem to be site policies anywhere, especially regarding "privacy" and "cookies" of which there are 10 in use once again this is an essential requirement nowadays

You should also have a site policy laying out the terms of use, not essential but recommended

STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Nice attractive website.

I agree with Wayan about the text being hard to read. Maybe reduce the opacity in the text overlays.

I noticed when scrolling on my phone the home page kind of flashes when I get to the round link buttons. It does it going down and up.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 2866956 Photo

7 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Martyn wrote:

Martyn

I borrowed the hotel pc

1/ the site isn't secure, which results in a message from the browser about it not being secure and advises not to enter sensitive information (not really good nowadays to not have the SSL certification)

2/ There doesn't seem to be site policies anywhere, especially regarding "privacy" and "cookies" of which there are 10 in use once again this is an essential requirement nowadays

You should also have a site policy laying out the terms of use, not essential but recommended

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I've (hopefully) sorted the flashing on scroll thing that happens on some phones. I've also dealt with the text readability transparency problem. I'm sure someone will let me know if I haven't :-)
I did speak to the client regarding SSL certification and they're of the opinion that, since the site isn't interactive beyond navigating around it and doesn't collect any information from the user, it wasn't necessary and it's hard to argue with the logic of that. The same goes for a privacy policy - although I might just sneak one in while they're not looking.
The cookies thing is interesting. I haven't coded any cookies into it and, when I checked in Chrome, I didn't find any. I wonder where the ones you saw came from.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Martyn wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
Martyn wrote:

Martyn

I borrowed the hotel pc

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I've (hopefully) sorted the flashing on scroll thing that happens on some phones. I've also dealt with the text readability transparency problem. I'm sure someone will let me know if I haven't :-)
I did speak to the client regarding SSL certification and they're of the opinion that, since the site isn't interactive beyond navigating around it and doesn't collect any information from the user, it wasn't necessary and it's hard to argue with the logic of that. The same goes for a privacy policy - although I might just sneak one in while they're not looking.
The cooki2es thing is interesting. I haven't coded any cookies into it and, when I checked in Chrome, I didn't find any. I wonder where the ones you saw came from.

Https isn't really an option regardless of whether your client collects information or not it is a requirement especially google it could result in browsers blocking the site eventually.

Site policies especially privacy and cookies are a LEGAL REQUIREMENT I'm most countries even here in Indonesia. You should check it out for the UK cookies are used by browsers and some are essential to the normal operation of a website. The cookies statement generally covers this and informs your visitors what you use them for how long you keep them third party cookies etc and your cookies policy should give the visitor the option to accept the use of cookies and continue or decline and leave. You need research this and then go back to the client with your findings. It may take a little while for browsers to catch up but they will and they will start to punish the site.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Martyn wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
Martyn wrote:

Martyn

I borrowed the hotel pc

The cooki2es thing is interesting. I haven't coded any cookies into it and, when I checked in Chrome, I didn't find any. I wonder where the ones you saw came from.

Https isn't really an option regardless of whether your client collects information or not it is a requirement especially google it could result in browsers blocking the site eventually.

Site policies especially privacy and cookies are a LEGAL REQUIREMENT I'm most countries even here in Indonesia. You should check it out for the UK cookies are used by browsers and some are essential to the normal operation of a website. The cookies statement generally covers this and informs your visitors what you use them for how long you keep them third party cookies etc and your cookies policy should give the visitor the option to accept the use of cookies and continue or decline and leave. You need research this and then go back to the client with your findings. It may take a little while for browsers to catch up but they will and they will start to punish the site.

I'm not at my pc at the moment so can't check which cookies are present, it maybe just the browsers cookies but never the less there are still cookies present, which are probably the essential (necessary) cookies needed to display properly, but the privacy/cookies policy should still be present even for them.

If you use google analytics for the site stats etc, then that uses cookies and is a condition of their terms that you place a privacy / cookies policy on the site

The flashing has been fixed (on my phone at least) and the text is more readble.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
Martyn wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
Martyn wrote:

Martyn

I borrowed the hotel pc

I'm not at my pc at the moment so can't check which cookies are present, it maybe just the browsers cookies but never the less there are still cookies present, which are probably the essential (necessary) cookies needed to display properly, but the privacy/cookies policy should still be present even for them.

If you use google analytics for the site stats etc, then that uses cookies and is a condition of their terms that you place a privacy / cookies policy on the site

The flashing has been fixed (on my phone at least) and the text is more readable.

The problem is that most browsers use cookies in some form or other.
the current regulations are varied & a little bit complicated if not confusing, so the general census is that to cover your bum (or the clients bum) it is good practice to have some sort of policy in place even a very simple one is better than nothing.

I believe changes are afoot to the opt-in or out requirement, whereas it is being proposed that to just have the statement "by continuing you agree and accept our privacy/cookies policy" will be no longer acceptable, & that you should give the visitor a physical action to do (i:e tick a box or something similar) but when this is to be implemented remains to be seen
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.