Share your websites made with...

User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

Inger wrote:
Hi,
Have you tested this on mobile phones?
I find the font size to be much too tiny for my eyes.
Also, it looks kind of strange to have the menu bar (the green one) stopping with a gap to the top bar, and the other contents being scrolled behind it.
Otherwise, it looks good.

Mmm, ok, I think I've sorted it... I've increased the font size to 12 for mobile phones which looks good. And I agree about the gap between the two stickies, not everyone is going to activate the hamburger menu... so in the mobile version, there is no second sticky and, yes, it does look much smoother on the eye.

All typos corrected I think, grammar as well (I hope) and it's kind of live now.

Thanks everyone... Maz
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Maz wrote:
Inger wrote:
Hi,
Have you tested this on mobile phones?
I find the font size to be much too tiny for my eyes.
Also, it looks kind of strange to have the menu bar (the green one) stopping with a gap to the top bar, and the other contents being scrolled behind it.
Otherwise, it looks good.

Mmm, ok, I think I've sorted it... I've increased the font size to 12 for mobile phones which looks good. And I agree about the gap between the two stickies, not everyone is going to activate the hamburger menu... so in the mobile version, there is no second sticky and, yes, it does look much smoother on the eye.

All typos corrected I think, grammar as well (I hope) and it's kind of live now.

Thanks everyone... Maz

Google recommend that the minimum size for fonts on mobile is around 16 px (1 rem) minimum, they won't exactly bar your site from SERP's but as of April when they started indexing mobile first only, what is more likely to happen is they will give priority to other sites of similar nature which have fonts sizes that they consider better for their customers to view priority.
There are other factors as well that can have adverse effects on your potential position on the SERP's

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2929204 Photo

86 posts

That's interesting... I will probably update the fonts to a minimum of 16 when I have the time then. 12 looked very legible on my mobile but will increase in my next update. It's going to take some time because I noticed that some containers overlap with other containers even though I have them set to auto.

Thanks for letting me know anyway and it's now on my list of things to do.

Maz

User 176817 Photo

61 posts

https://www.effects-menu.jshrimplin.com/
https://www.pop-up-menu.jshrimplin.com/
These were made with Frameless, and with no scripts or HTML elements.  
Decided it was time I learned how to use the Effects and Transition functions.   I figured the best way was to make a test project.   So I looked at the settings and it kind of reminded me of the Sprite commands in basic.    I wondered if I could create a Hamburger Menu using these functions.   

My hamburger project worked.  It has other effects I made as its menu, using effects as well   Even my Logo calls a Popup with no exit buttons.   Click anywhere on the page to exit.  Fun stuff.

I then tried to do a dropdown menu on the next site, but ended up just doing a Popup menu.   You can choose the 3 different menu items and it will let you cycle through the popups.  I just position the popup container below the buttons I wish to choose. Choose the Buy Now link and then the Learn More button to go mid page, where I have another button calling this same popup mid page.

This was a fun project as I learned a lot about effects, and positioning.  I love that the menus and popups are responsive, and did not have to learn anything new there.  This was made with Frameless, and with no scripts or HTML elements and works in any framework.

Thank you CoffeeCup for the fun.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.