SD not saving new page - Post ID 289983

User 2314722 Photo

2 posts

Hi folks,
SD seems to be acting up for me. I make a new page by duplicating a similar page and it creates the new page name with the old name plus _1.html which I assume is the correct procedure. When I go to Manage Project and try to rename the page, add the title, desc, keywords, etc then click done it reverts back to the same name _1 again. So frustrating. It seems to happen about the same time everyday too. Any ideas or does it (and me) need a rest?
Thanks
Aleta Gerard
A Blonde Moment Marketing, LLC
Advertising with a Twist
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

Never seen that before. Of course, when you have typed the new name and are still having the cursor blinking in the name field, the name in the list to the left hasn't changed yet, but it will as soon as you click somewhere else, or on the Done button.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

aleta21 wrote:
Hi folks,
SD seems to be acting up for me. I make a new page by duplicating a similar page and it creates the new page name with the old name plus _1.html which I assume is the correct procedure. When I go to Manage Project and try to rename the page, add the title, desc, keywords, etc then click done it reverts back to the same name _1 again. So frustrating. It seems to happen about the same time everyday too. Any ideas or does it (and me) need a rest?
Thanks

That is a bit of a bug, in that it is not all the time this happens.
What I found is that it is better to duplicate.add new pages from WITHIN the "Structure Data" tab. not using the pages/manage tab.
Open the "Structure Data" tab
first, you ADD/DUPLICATE a page
once it is there, you select a different page (any it doesn't matter)
then you re-select the New/Duplicated page
then you re-name it to whatever you want
then you select a different page again.
The New./Duplicated page should now have kept its new name
now you can select the "DONE" button

never used to be like that, but now along with a whole load of other niggly little things it's happening
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.