Redundant containers, paragraphs,...

User 2699991 Photo

4,817 posts
Online Now

Michael Attfield wrote:
... But there is one thing I have with one of my websites. If I go into a paragraph to change the font for a few words, e.g., italicize, and click in the text class box I find about 80 styles labelled "paragraph-text-#" where # is a number. How do I find out where those are used? And how do I remove them if they are not used. As far as I can see few of them are currently being used.
Thanks!

There is a way to find them
but it is quite complicated and time consuming, it involves the solution that Frank had for finding class names on different pages, then some further messing and mucking about, it probably isn't worth doing unless there are hundreds and hundreds of them. (I think if I remember correctly the record for the number of different class names in text editor mode (i.e # classname-nō) during Scott Swedorsk's time with CCup was a few thousand, and it took him a long time to fix it up (but that was in the days before the ability to find each page a particular class name was on) so it might not be so complicated as back then. In fact it is so complicated and time consuming to describe how to do it, I gave up trying to explain how to do it with the written word. When I get time I will see if I can do a demo video showing the steps by steps way to do it, it maybe of some use to other users too.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.