Proportions of elements differ with...

User 2220522 Photo

49 posts

I have a project where I have positioned pictures on top of another larger picture. In testing the responsiveness I noticed a weird effect - the direction of the window size change has a different effect on the positioning of the elements relative to each other at the same screen size. In other words, if I approach a given screen size from a smaller one, I get a different effect than if I approach it from a larger size and it breaks my design. Is this normal? I have a couple of stills attached to show what is happening.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Do you mind sharing your project file? I don't quite understand what to look for, or actually what I'm seeing. If the project file is too big, zip it up and pop it into a dropbox.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2220522 Photo

49 posts

Inger, once again, thanks for your help. I spend hours trying to get things to work before I post something. Then I find a solution for the problem soon after. I guess I should post sooner. :lol:

The issue in this case was a rookie mistake with margins. The margins were too big, so when the screen got small they started moving the elements around.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.