Problem with image display when...

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Laurence Demick wrote:
Good to hear from you again Adam. I checked all of the inputs for the last two rows -- all of the columns are set at 4 spans, 100px width and height and centered. The last two logos are also centered -- I used redundant classes for these logos because if I use a unique class name the logos display twice the size. It is frustrating because when I preview on Firefox all is well even down to the smallest screen size.

Are you looking at the RSD file or the HTML on the published website. As I've noted above, the class references, positioning and type designations that I see when using the inspector on Firefox and in review of Main in CSS don't make any sense -- there is also a lot of repeats in the CSS files.

I appreciate your reviewing this -- I am going to redo the complete set of logos with identical columns to see if that helps. If you have any other thoughts I would appreciate hearing them. If I need to get a support ticket I will do that as well.

Thanks again, Larry

I am looking at the Giving page and the last two logos within the RSD project you attached. You said you checked the Rows, the columns are the ones in question. Have you reviewed the two columns and removed the margin?
User 2592569 Photo

17 posts

Last reply today -- I redid all of the columns using identical inputs; reinserted all the logos with unique class names and re-exported and re-published and got the same response on the last two logos - very large and in the wrong place (understandably since the images exceed the size of the columns). I am out of ideas - there must be something wrong with the native picture file but when I compare their properties with the other logos they are not out of line. Tomorrow is another day.

I finally think I understand the redundancy in the CSS-Main file -- there are different inputs for each screen size - duh.
User 2592569 Photo

17 posts

Adam, I missed your last input -- I have reviewed the inputs for the last two logos and there are no margins (other than zero) on the columns -- there are small top and bottom margins set for the pictures to get them centered vertically in the column -- the centering horizontally is automatic. Please let me know what you are looking at that shows the margins you are identifying.
User 2592569 Photo

17 posts

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this discussion -- I have resolved the problem by replacing all of the website input on the GoDaddy site and making sure that there are no un-needed or erroneously placed folders or files. Apparently there was a conflict somewhere in the folders and files that may have been still in place as vestiges of past updates to the site. This is a lesson to me to ensure that everything that is on the host is current and needed.

Although this is an obvious fix that I should have tumbled to sooner I learned a lot in following up on the suggestions of all that responded here. I appreciate the time you all took to help me out. Thanks, Larry

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.