Pre-Sales Question Import My Own...

User 2523812 Photo


Guest
7 posts

Is it possible to import a site into Site Designer and then edit change save and update - Or would it only work with CoffeeCup bought or free sites/pages?
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
4,291 posts
Online Now

Hi
Sorry to say that you cannot directly import an existing website. But having said that it's very easy to copy and paste text content and import something like images etc into site designer even large existing websites not too difficult , but it does mean getting to know how to use and what to do within site designer first which is one of the reasons they offer a free trial version so that you can use those 2 weeks to learn how and also get help from users on this forum when you get stuck
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO
"COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS

I can make "INDIVIDUAL BESPOKE" step-by-step video tutorials
for you to watch at your leisure as many times as you need

I have also started updating the ready made step by step tutorials, Ready Soon

my secure email details form
https://rsd-tutorialscom.coffeecup.com/ … l-details/
User 2523812 Photo


Guest
7 posts

Many thanks - I understand.

If I use the HTML editor, could I import a page created in another HTML editor and then edit it in CoffeeCup?

Also, I'm assuming if I create pages in the HTML editor, I can then bring them into the Site Designer?
Thanks again

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Hi
Sorry to say that you cannot directly import an existing website. But having said that it's very easy to copy and paste text content and import something like images etc into site designer even large existing websites not too difficult , but it does mean getting to know how to use and what to do within site designer first which is one of the reasons they offer a free trial version so that you can use those 2 weeks to learn how and also get help from users on this forum when you get stuck
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
4,291 posts
Online Now

No you cannot bring anything like that into site designer it has a totally different way if doing things, the only way would be to use a HTML element for the code but that's so messy and unreliable not worth doing
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO
"COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS

I can make "INDIVIDUAL BESPOKE" step-by-step video tutorials
for you to watch at your leisure as many times as you need

I have also started updating the ready made step by step tutorials, Ready Soon

my secure email details form
https://rsd-tutorialscom.coffeecup.com/ … l-details/
User 556652 Photo


Registered User
116 posts

peter.tod wrote:
Many thanks - I understand.

If I use the HTML editor, could I import a page created in another HTML editor and then edit it in CoffeeCup?

Also, I'm assuming if I create pages in the HTML editor, I can then bring them into the Site Designer?
Thanks again


If it is a standard HTML web page you can edit it with CoffeeCup HTML Editor.
___________
Artist At Heart
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
4,291 posts
Online Now

lwetzel wrote:
peter.tod wrote:
Many thanks - I understand.

If I use the HTML editor, could I import a page created in another HTML editor and then edit it in CoffeeCup?

Also, I'm assuming if I create pages in the HTML editor, I can then bring them into the Site Designer?
Thanks again


If it is a standard HTML web page you can edit it with CoffeeCup HTML Editor.

But then you still cant import it into Site Designer, which is what the original question asked
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO
"COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS

I can make "INDIVIDUAL BESPOKE" step-by-step video tutorials
for you to watch at your leisure as many times as you need

I have also started updating the ready made step by step tutorials, Ready Soon

my secure email details form
https://rsd-tutorialscom.coffeecup.com/ … l-details/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.