Newbie help again --please look at...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello to all,

Still working on getting at least one page to be okay and responsive hopefully I will be able to get it done and then be able to finish the rest of the site!

I wrote on another thread and Steve let me about a problem which I think I fixed, the test page I worked on is at the S-Site and is http://kscandyfavors.coffeecup.com/fathersdaycw.html can you please look at it and give me some advice on how to make it better? Once I have it okay I want to duplicate and save as a template for other pages.

Questions:
Do I need to use a Custom CSS folder or not?
If I wanted to Hide a row and or column that can only be done in RLMP and NOT RSD ??
I seem to have a problem with going to RSD and then back to RLMP, what is the proper way to save the site? I did the one page in RLMP and then opened in RSD to finish, doing this I shouldbe able to go to either program correct?

I know all here have their own work to do and appreciate all the advice that is given. Even though I am still a novice using RSD and RLMP I feel that I am slowly did I mention slowly getting to learn the CC programs ( I think?)

Once again thank you,
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts
Online Now

You can hide elementys, also rows and columns, by selecting display: none; in the element settings.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
You can hide elementys, also rows and columns, by selecting display: none; in the element settings.

Thank you Inger I appreciate you telling me this, can this be done in BOTH RLMP and RSD?

Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Ray wrote:
Inger wrote:

Thank you Inger I appreciate you telling me this, can this be done in BOTH RLMP and RSD?

Ray

It can. :)
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Thanks Adam for your response also! Any chance you give me a look at http://kscandyfavors.coffeecup.com/fathersdaycw.html and please give me some advice on how to make it better? Once I have it okay I want to duplicate and save as a template for other pages.
Any help is appreciated, I know all are busy but any input I get is really appreciated. If I am to much of a pain asking for help just let me know.

Thank you
Ray aka Kreations
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Ray wrote:
Thanks Adam for your response also! Any chance you give me a look at http://kscandyfavors.coffeecup.com/fathersdaycw.html and please give me some advice on how to make it better? Once I have it okay I want to duplicate and save as a template for other pages.
Any help is appreciated, I know all are busy but any input I get is really appreciated. If I am to much of a pain asking for help just let me know.

Thank you

It looks good to me other than the menu. It looks out of place. If you were to center the menu items by placing them in three separate columns and center the text links and text that would fit in with the rest of the layout.
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

It looks good to me other than the menu. It looks out of place. If you were to center the menu items by placing them in three separate columns and center the text links and text that would fit in with the rest of the layout.

That menu is something I am having a problem with, I believe on the larger desktop I have the buttons to the "Left" and then as you go smaller it all fits in the center using padding, probably the wrong way to do it. Being a CC novice one day I hope to get better, I will try what you suggested.
Ray aka Kreations
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Ray wrote:

That menu is something I am having a problem with, I believe on the larger desktop I have the buttons to the "Left" and then as you go smaller it all fits in the center using padding, probably the wrong way to do it. Being a CC novice one day I hope to get better, I will try what you suggested.

We all start somewhere. :P Overall the site looks good. I did not check the breakpoints, but you did a good job.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.