My New Site - Post ID 291978

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts
Online Now

I agree whole heartedly! I've been trying to point the developer to the problem.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 1869666 Photo

229 posts

Yes Bosco that's the Wow Slider site.

Thanks Wayan for catching the text I missed. It has been replaced now.

OH NO!! IE11 errors. What a mess. Thank you Inger. I will make a backup and see if I can repair that. Will need to download IE11 too.

Thanks everyone.
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

Inger wrote:
Carolyn, do you think that site will have a lot of visitors using IE11?
I know that IE11 is not so much used any more, but there are still some.

I don't have time right now to investigate this, but I think this happens when subgrids with rows and columns (the layout classes) are used. It is the same on some more pages.

If it can be of some comfort: this is not something you have caused. It was in the theme. But if you could try using just ordinary flex instead, I think it would be better. As I said, I'm pressed for time now and cannot investigate further. Make a backup before you start experimenting.

Inger is correct. There are no subgrids in Bootstrap. This must have been imported from a previous grid layout system that used that, probably with a conversion method.

On the index page for example you could reduce this section down and it will look fine in IE11.....

<div class="row subscribe container-grid">
<div class="col-12 container-grid column-type">
<div class="subgrid action-subgrid container-grid">
<div class="row container-grid justify-content-center">
<div class="col-12 col-md-6 container-grid column-type">
<p class="paragraph action-paragraph"><strong>We want you for this amazing adventure! </strong>Seget tristique. Quisque gravida condimentum nulla, at ultrices nunc maximus non. Vestibulum sapien diam, eleifend quis enim at, egestas gravida felis. Vivamus aliquet magna ac orci eleifend, id convallis elit sodales.</p>
</div>
<div class="col-12 col-md-6 container-grid column-type"><a class="link-button btn ignition" href="#" title="">contact&nbsp; and tell us your project</a></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

/Correct Bootstrap Format/

<div class="subscribe container-grid">
<div class="row container-grid justify-content-center">
<div class="col-md-6 container-grid">
<p class="paragraph action-paragraph"><strong>We want you for this amazing adventure! </strong>Seget tristique. Quisque gravida condimentum nulla, at ultrices nunc maximus non. Vestibulum sapien diam, eleifend quis enim at, egestas gravida felis. Vivamus aliquet magna ac orci eleifend, id convallis elit sodales.</p>
</div>
<div class="col-md-6 container-grid"><a class="link-button btn ignition" href="#" title="">contact&nbsp; and tell us your project</a></div>
</div>
</div>
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 1869666 Photo

229 posts

I used the Carrera theme and it looks good in browsers except IE11. I see now that even the example on the New Themes page shows the same problem I'm having. Apparently BS does not recognize the containers and shows all at 100%. In a post on Share your Website someone pointed this out and a possible fix. However that post has disappeared. If anyone has a clue how I can salvage this site please let me know.
https://www.thefarmlodge.com
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

I posted and example of the solution on the index page of Carrera.

https://gluexp.coffeecup.com/index.html

I can send a email to your website design company with my email contact if you need additional help ?

I am pretty fair with Bootstrap 4 now...
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 1869666 Photo

229 posts

Thank you Twinstream. More help would be wonderful. I see the HTML you included here but does that mean I'd need to replace the layout via the html app rather than selecting from Elements?
(Email deleted because of possible spammers.)
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

I have your email. (Thanks and might the editor gods remove now)

I was working on the index page tonight just to see how involved it is. I can upload it so you can download and have a look at the changes. Honestly all the pages have issues on IE11 and it will take work to fix them all.

Bootstrap 4 supports IE11 if properly done so its a matter of getting it into the proper format.
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 2699991 Photo

4,803 posts
Online Now

Carolyn Borjon wrote:
Thank you Twinstream. More help would be wonderful. I see the HTML you included here but does that mean I'd need to replace the layout via the html app rather than selecting from Elements?

Hi Carolyn
The first thing to do is to get rid of the maximum width 1200 px on the text that stretches, make it a more reasonable width
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

I reuploaded the example so you can see the Carrera index.html page in IE11.

https://gluexp.coffeecup.com/index.html

The project is a little big to upload so I will send it to you in a email to review the changes I made to the index page in the template.

Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.