Moving content around the elements...

User 2879688 Photo

193 posts

I seem to be finding it awkward to move something like a new container in to the right place (ie clicking and dragging the content) on the the elements trees. It seems to have a mind of its own and often ends up in the wrong place : (
is there a more definite way to move the content ie with the keyboard perhaps? It cant be that hard really can it?
thanks Tim
Jazz isn't dead it just smells funny!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

I agree, it is sometimes hard, the most difficult movement is outdenting. I have already a while ago submitted a ticket about this, and it would be good if more of us did the same, then maybe we are lucky and this issue will move upwards in their priority list.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2879688 Photo

193 posts

Thanks Inger
Not just me then : )
Yes it does need sorting. Just needs something more definite. It’s very difficult to move something to the right place without a lot of messing about!
T.
User 2879688 Photo

193 posts

Actually. Another thing... if you can indulge me
Are components visible on account setting. I’m having problems finding components save from one file to use on another or I thought that’s what you were supposed to be able to do.
If they were visible on my account I could see what was going on....
Thanks T.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

Not quite sure what you mean here. If you are looking at someone's .rsd file, you should be able to see it if they have used some components But if you are reading the source code of a website, you won't be able to see it. Does that answer your question?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2879688 Photo

193 posts

Sorry about the unclear ness.
(Short break there as it was UK knapp time)
What I was meaning was weather you were able to view components on your account website page ie so that you would be able to manage them or see what had been saved.
As above.... I have 2 files signed in to the same account but component saved on one file are not visible on the other. I thought the components library could be used on any new or different file.
So that’s why I wondered about viewing the components on my website account page (like themes etc) to see what was actually saved.
Hope that’s clear. (World worst explainer award goes to....... ) : )
T.
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

If I have understood correctly, the following may help -

To save for use in other projects a component that appears in the Elements > Components tab, one clicks on that component line. That opens the component description box and a delete icon at the top right. To the immediate left of that delete icon is an icon, clicking on which saves the component so that it will appear in the Components window (accessed by the Components button at the top of the program window).

The component saved as above will appear in the Components window of all other projects that use the same framework. In other words, if the project in which the component was saved used the Foundation framework, the saved component will appear only in other projects that also use the Foundation framework.

One can check which framework a project file uses by clicking on the Settings button at the very top right of the program window.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

Citrus, the problem word is 'account'. What kind of account? Do you by any chance mean that you have two user accounts for CC? That may explain that you can't see components from account 'A' when you are logged into your account 'B'. To be able to save components to your library, you need to be logged into your account. If you are logged into your 'other' account, you need to re-save that component.

If this is your scenario, I'd recommend you to have CC merge the two accounts, or at least only use one of them when working in SD3.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2879688 Photo

193 posts

Hi Inger & Frank
Thank you both for your input. Appreciated
I did mean user account. I thought there might be a visible category to view components like there is ‘themes’ ‘emails’ etc. I guess I’m looking for something that’s clearly not there hence the confusion
Frank you’ve hit the nail on the head. The two files I’ve been experimenting components with are FF & Vanilla. So I can now see now why one would appear one but not the other!
All part of the learning curve. May be if learning was in a straight line rather than a curve you might get there quicker : )
Thanks Tim

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.