More troubleshooting... - Post ID 252932

User 306597 Photo

33 posts

If I should just open tickets, or submit these to a particular thread, please let me know. I don't want to cause undue clutter where I'm not supposed to.

A huge issue in workflow I've noticed today as I'm really working for hours on end in RSD is the eventual 'end' of the program recognizing changes.

What I mean by this is that you can continue to work, make changes, add elements, etc. but then when you go to delete an item - the option is greyed out. If you go to Save your project - that option is greyed out! You literally have to 'Save As...' and choose to overwrite or in my case - the first time this happened I paniced a bit and saved as a separate project crossing my fingers I would not have to revert. Fortunately it did in fact save all the changed I had made.

This seems to happen after probably 10 or more steps of adding and moving/removing elements.

Something very specific I noticed is using Unordered Lists for menus. When I go back to edit the text to create a link ... if you remove the text while inserting your link on accident - it is highly likely that you will never be able to put that text back again. No manner of clicking elsewhere, etc. coming back and re-entering the info will work. Even closing/re-opening the project. Very strange stuff. However, you can always just duplicate a 'button' and delete the one you messed up. So... hey it is workable - just something that needs to be addressed.

There are several other nitpicky specific things, but the whole 'I'm done keeping track of your work now' issue definitely needs to be looked at. Might be related to the Undo issue I don't know.

On an end note - aside from the few frustrating bugs here and there... the more time I spend using RSD, the more I find myself wanting to use it. I really love this program so I hope to see it continue to develop. I still love my dozens of other CC software tools, but this takes the prize.

Thanks again guys!
John
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Hey John, this happens to me too. Usually when working with the undo, copy or pasting. Usually when I first notice it I will save the project right away, close and reopen. It seems to clear up bugs.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.