Mobile Nav bar to display sooner? -...

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Sorry as I said, but without knowing the components I'd/class names widths positioning of elements I can't tell you what to do to so what you want to do. Perhaps someone who has that component can be of more help
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 176817 Photo

61 posts

With the menu1 component you can invoke the hamburger menu faster by sliding the 1st breakpoint to the right.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Jay Shrimplin wrote:
With the menu1 component you can invoke the hamburger menu faster by sliding the 1st breakpoint to the right.

could it be that the first breakpoint is there for another reason, & therefore sliding it to the left, changes the layout of the page, not just the menu?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

First break point. Mobile first or desktop down? The first break point maybe fixed as a built in to the frame work being used.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 176817 Photo

61 posts

Most start out with the menu then move on. The breakpoint is the 768px for the switch over. It affects several features of the menu. It may be easier to move to 868px or higher, and replace the 768 breakpoint as other uses of the breakpoint may be easier to find and remove then place back at 768. Unfortunately this type of menu relies heavily on the breakpoint originally used,
User 1222433 Photo

64 posts

Thanks for all your input people, I will just keep it as it is for now, less hassle lol...
The menu I used is from the new site designer components add-on pack if anyone is interested...
Peace
Ryan
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Eric Rohloff wrote:
First break point. Mobile first or desktop down? The first break point maybe fixed as a built in to the frame work being used.

Eric he has an additional first breakpoint (mobile end, that's the one I was talking about,

Jay not everyone does or should start doing a menu before anything else, in fact I was taught not to do one until last, and that's how I have continued to do so (along with all my students/compatriots who attended the same college ) for the last 30 years or so.

Phat Monkey, pleased to hear that the issue is acceptable for you now, sorry once again that I couldn't offer any help towards achieving what you wanted, maybe one day someone will be able to give you the assistance you required.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 176817 Photo

61 posts

Started thinking on this again. I concede that moving the 768 break point to the right might break other parts of the page that now use that media breakpoint and that the menu may be later in the page generation. But we still have a complicated menu that uses breakpoint 768 to switch and has several changes at this breakpoint. I was not accounting that this breakpoint was now used by the whole page and the whole page was now dependent on this break point. We cannot slide the breakpoint with out affecting the rest of the page. Or Can We?
The menu started as a component. So why can't we use SD to fix this issue. The menu is all contained in one container, and I have made changes from the original component I brought in. So…
Step One - Open my components and add a new folder call temp.
Step Two - Open my page and collapse all nodes and select the Menu Container.
Step Three - Create a new component from my menu and save it to the temp component catagory.
Step Four - Delete the Menu container and save a copy of my page as next version number. I no longer have a menu and all my 768 breakpoints are still unchanged in the rest of the page.
Step Five - Open a new blank page from your starting template type and add the menu component from the temp component folder.
Step Six - The page now has your Menu and only the breakpoints used by the menu, so you can slide the 768 break point to the right to maybe 900 without hurting anything. You can edit the menu as you like as well.
Step 7 - Save the new menu container as a component to you temp folder.
Step 8 - Open your page you saved with the menu deleted. Then add your new modified menu back to your page as component body.
Step 9 - Use arrow keys to place menu back to the top.
You still have all the 768 breakpoint media calls that you made to your page and your menu is back and it no longer uses the 768 breakpoint but has added or updated the 900 breakpoint on your page.
Not pretty but we changed the breakpoint on a seperated page and then add it back to your main page. And when you save a component it saves only the breakpoint media from your selection, and when you add it back it will add any breakpoint changes or new breakpoints. We now have components so we can create different parts of our page and then add them together at the end or try different menus on my page after the other edits.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.