Missing Components - Post ID 288949

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Rattle wrote:
Hi there
I´m only have a few Components.

It's worth bearing in mind that the number of components shown depends on the framework that is chosen. Foundation and Bootstraps have the most, Materialize somewhat fewer, and Vanilla only three at present.

Frank
User 176817 Photo

61 posts

Also note that if you find components you like from a couple of themes, and you wish to use one Navigation and one Card style, if they come from different frameworks such as Foundation and Bootstrap. You will not be able to combine them in one web page. I found even if I make a flex only navigation menu with normal CSS with no framework used, in a Foundation page, then I cannot copy the menu as a component and use it in my Bootstrap page. I have to recreate the menu step by step, and even the copy and paste will not work. Once you close a page your copy is gone. So if you are paying for a theme, that is the framework you are committing to.

Jay
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

It's a good thing that nearly all the themes are free then. ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 113083 Photo

Ambassador
251 posts

This is the solution I got from Suzanne and it solved my problem.

Hello Peter,

Bootstrap 4 has lots of components. It sounds like the database has gotten corrupted. What you will need to do is delete the internal database so that you can start fresh again. This should fix you up. Here is where you can locate the database:

C:\Users[username]AppData\Roaming\SharedSettings.ccs

Just delete that file and restart RSD.

If you can not see this directory you will need to turn on hidden files and folders in order to access it. Here's how:

Open your My Computer folder. Select Organize > Folder and Search Options > View tab. Scroll down and select Show Hidden Files and Folders. It's also a good idea to uncheck Hide Extensions for Known File Types.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

The same as I told you, just a bit more elaborated.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 113083 Photo

Ambassador
251 posts

Yeah Inger saw that now ;)
The difference was that I didn´t need to uninstall Sitedesigner. Working nights Inger and little tired in my eye´s trying to read. :lol:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.