menu builder in RSD - Post ID 247306

User 2601283 Photo

219 posts

If I include a menu builder in RSD and give it a class and id name and them duplicate the page for additional pages using the same class and id, will all of the pages update if I change the menu builder html code?
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Angela Mulligan wrote:
If I include a menu builder in RSD and give it a class and id name and them duplicate the page for additional pages using the same class and id, will all of the pages update if I change the menu builder html code?

For the menu styles this would work, for the HTML code not (yet).
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2601283 Photo

219 posts

Thanks. I was really hoping to not have to replace the menu on 50+ pages if something needs to be added or changed. :(
User 2300879 Photo

9 posts

Angela Mulligan wrote:

Fantastic. I have just being trying to get my head around this. Would you be kind enough to show some code or screen shots to explain this?

regards Kevin
Perfect-Sailing.com The perfect location for a sailing vacation
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Kevin I think you read that wrong. He is "asking" if it can be done and is told it cannot be done at this time. Only the CSS is able to be done and it's automatic as long as you copy and paste the menu code to each page using an HTML box. If you don't change the menu classes on any of the pages they will automatically share the same look due to the same code being used.

As for setting it up similar to PHP includes or SSI that cannot be done yet so any changes you make to the actual content of the menu will need to be done on all pages.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,090 posts

One good thing is for now its pretty easy to copy and paste the html box from page to page. Its very similar to vsd in that regard. I hope they make it so the html code can be assigned to the class would stream line things a lot better. I wouldn't be a bad idea to make it an check box option to include or not include the html code.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.