Laggy Issue - Post ID 290035

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

adrian horn wrote:
Hi All
I had to roll back to build 3113 as there are to many lag problems made working to frustrating and stopped on many
times . happy to report i now have a working system .

Regards Adrian

Me too and great to now be able to work a/ without internet needed b/ for as long as I want without it stopping. So much for paying for updates.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 236055 Photo

51 posts

Have also rolled back....and what you know its not laggy :-)
Web Developer UK
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

I'm also noticing the lag. 4-10 seconds between each selection on the canvas. I didn't try the element tree option. When I started using SD there was no lag, but as time went on I noticed the QT* thing expanding in size.

The "QTwebengineproccess.exe" is the largest consumer of memory out of all my apps. Site designer is not too bad. I do believe that the QT* is what is used to create the gui and more that SD relies on.
please see the attached file.

Also, the canvas I was working on was just a header, list container and some paragraphs.
Attachments:
Learn something, Share something.
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

If you watch QTwebengineprocess.exe you will see that the memory is ticking up by 4k a second even if you are not doing anything in SD. That would make sense that after a while, memory is going to be getting slim and SD would slow down.
Learn something, Share something.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Bosco wrote:
If you watch QTwebengineprocess.exe you will see that the memory is ticking up by 4k a second even if you are not doing anything in SD. That would make sense that after a while, memory is going to be getting slim and SD would slow down.

That's very interesting, at least something to think on for them,
as for me, I don't care anymore as I have gone back to the previous version
No laggy issues
No need to be on the internet when opening or working on a project, just done 12 hours straight on a project and there was no problems SD build 3113 worked just fine the whole time.

the only thing I miss is that option for choosing the colours of selected elements etc,, that was pretty cool
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2624719 Photo

265 posts

Hi all
I just wonder if this lag problem only affects windows operating system as it may not be an issue on a mac i myself work on windows based machine .

Regards Adrian
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

adrian horn wrote:
Hi all
I just wonder if this lag problem only affects windows operating system as it may not be an issue on a mac i myself work on windows based machine .

Regards Adrian

I was wondering the same thing, as there doesn't appear to be anyone that uses a mac reporting any issues.. I also understand that there would be some disruption to any response from the CC team due to the holiday period, but I would have thought that there would have been at least an acknowledgement of sp,e sort by now, and surely some testing is done on windows pc;s before releasing an update

It's a pity because the update seemed to have some nice features, what a shame it caused so many problems for so few of us.

By the way, did you have that Pint of the brown nectar yet? I remembered the name of the pub I frequented that had from memory the most wonderful pint of JS in the are ^ won a couple of awards for it (and other beers they had) It was called "The Ash Tree Inn" in Barkston Ash Yorkshire, which according to some has an Ash Tree (or it did) that was the centre of Yorkshire (geographically) There was another close by also called "The Chequers Inn" which didn't open on a Sunday
that sold a beer called "Theakston's Black Sheep" which was also delicious. OOOH what nice memories
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2624719 Photo

265 posts

Hi Wayan
Yes i am convinced that this is a windows problem that has started with the new update and licence thing as QTwebengineprocess.exe is sometimes picked up as virus with some antivirus software and also not considered a program to allow working on your windows system . That might be were CC have gone wrong with windows .maybe a different verification program would help either way i will hold off from any updates until this problem is sorted .
As for a nice cold pint of the good stuff i will toast your fine health this Friday and every Friday from now on Cheers

Regards Adrian
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Seems someone is getting thirsty here ;) Is this the place? https://www.facebook.com/theashtreebarkston/
Looks like they are in need of a website: http://www.ashtreeinn.co.uk

I'll boot up my MacBook and check the lagginess of SD, just gimme some time...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 399746 Photo

Sales & Support Manager
416 posts

adrian horn wrote:
Hi Wayan
I have Noticed it is very Slow at opening now also laggy like Phil finds maybe after the holidays and CC Guru get back to work thing will get back to normal

Regards Adrian

Hi Adrian!
I opened a support ticket for you within your account regarding this along with a possible solution.
Learn the essentials with these tips on Site Designer. You'll be making epic, code-free responsive sites like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.