I'm having a brain freeze...help...

User 283347 Photo

388 posts
Online Now

so I have my rsd file ready to export to the html editor but I cannot figure out what I am missing.

can someone please give a step by step bullet point of what to do in html editor to prepare to export from rsd?

I used the tut of how to start a new html editor file, but I appear to be doing something wrong.

All help is appreciated.

MJ
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is actually the easy part. Just create either a Website Project or use the File Menu > Open in the HTML Editor and open the HTML file you want to work with.

Easy as 1-2-3. ;)

If you have not setup a Website Project before, you can find instructions here at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … ml-editor/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 283347 Photo

388 posts
Online Now

Thanks, Scott. I'll give this a try and see what happens :)
User 283347 Photo

388 posts
Online Now

ok...I have another question... how do I make it say in the address bar my site name only?

For example...
how do I get from: www.joeblow.com/index.html

To... www.joeblow.com (without the /index.html) ?

Where is this change made?

Thanks

MJ
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

mark johnson wrote:
ok...I have another question... how do I make it say in the address bar my site name only?

For example...
how do I get from: www.joeblow.com/index.html

To... www.joeblow.com (without the /index.html) ?

Where is this change made?

Thanks

MJ

Just don't access the page name when visiting your site. Index.html will only appear if you link to that file specifically.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 283347 Photo

388 posts
Online Now

is there a way to avoid it when coming from another page?
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

mark johnson wrote:
is there a way to avoid it when coming from another page?

You link to just / instead of index.html / is the root of the site. You can also do this using our Website Access Manager program. :)
User 283347 Photo

388 posts
Online Now

Thanks, Adam!

I'll give that a try as soon as I can!

MJ
User 283347 Photo

388 posts
Online Now

Adam,

That did it! Thats what I was looking for.

Thanks!

MJ
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

mark johnson wrote:
Adam,

That did it! Thats what I was looking for.

Thanks!

MJ

Glad you got it working! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.