How to remove link from one of the...

User 2659348 Photo

113 posts

You can see it here: customdeckworks.com at the bottom of the footer where it says "Privacy I Terms".

Privacy & Terms are links. But so is the "I" divider I put between them. That was the only way I could think to do it at the time (using a UL Link with 3 items). And it never occured to me that the divider was also a link until Google Lighthouse pointed it out to me.

If I could edit the html I'd just remove the <a> tag. But since we can't get to the html, does anyone know a way (using data attributes, perhaps) to simply get this divider to stop being a link. I'm looking for a way to disable it as opposed to rebuilding that whole container of links. But I'm open to whatever you got. Thanks!

*this is not all that important. But blame CC for telling me about Lighthouse and making me think I need to clean up every crumb. :lol:
Knowing is half the battle
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

You need to remove the whole UL link thingie and put in two separate, ordinary links instead.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2659348 Photo

113 posts

Arrrrg! Ok. I always risk messing layouts up if I have to make a very big change after I haven't used SD in a few weeks. But you're right and I knew that was probably going to be the advice I'd get.
Thanks Inger!
Knowing is half the battle
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Chris S Peterson wrote:
... But since we can't get to the html, does anyone know a way ...

Somewhat late now, but it's probably worth mentioning that the fairly recently introduced Content switching box in SD5 does allow access to the HTML. It's done as follows.

1. Right click on the element whose innerHTML one wishes to change.
2. Choose 'Copy Element HTML'.
3. Go to the Content Code box and paste there what one copied at item 2 above.
4. Edit by removing the outer tags and change the innerHTML however one wishes.

When one exports or uses 'Preview on ...' and examines the code, it will be seen that the original code has been replaced by the new code.

I have found this extremely useful.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.