How to do modal gallery in v4? - Post...

User 2699991 Photo

2,564 posts

Andrea La Vigne wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:

Here is a link to a video for a modal gallery using site designer 4 foundation wireframe

https://youtu.be/z_trbSc_Dfs

I clicked on the link, and it said the video had been removed by the user. Take care, & I hope the fire affecting you is contained quickly, and you don't have any damage to your property! :(

Yes I took it down after having 63 views I assumed everyone interested in looking had seen it.
The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
User 2368890 Photo

22 posts

Inger wrote:
Try my sharing gallery, URL in my signature. Last time I looked it was online, it opened, and it is not for sale! :lol:

I have a modal gallery, it is simply called 'Image Gallery'. Maybe you can use that. The image sizes can be changed.
I made that gallery after getting the idea from Wayan, and I know that he has 'refined' it further. He may pop in here before you know it...

OK, Inger, so I downloaded your modal/image gallery file, saved it as a component, and added that to the site I'm working on. I changed the images to the drawings the artist wants on her website. (I've only done the "graphite.html" page with this so far.) But I can't figure out how to make the pop-up image appear, or to add the title & description that will show with the picture. (Ideally, I would have a caption with the painting title, size, medium, & sale price.) I assigned id's to each of the first 2 images on the page, just to test. I tried different settings for the href in the Elements pane, including using the id for the picture--with hashtag, of course. No go. The best it's given me so far is, when I preview it in Firefox & click on the image, it jumps to the page header. :( I even tried changing the target attribute to "_blank." That opens the whole gallery in a new tab. I tried to attach the file I'm working on (as a zip file), but both times I've tried posting, it's returned a 500 error. If you need to see the file, I'll try again. Hope you or someone can point me in the right direction! :/ Thanks in advance!
User 2699991 Photo

2,564 posts

Andrea La Vigne wrote:
Inger wrote:
Try my sharing gallery, URL in my signature. Last time I looked it was online, it opened, and it is not for sale! :lol:

I have a modal gallery, it is simply called 'Image Gallery'. Maybe you can use that. The image sizes can be changed.
I made that gallery after getting the idea from Wayan, and I know that he has 'refined' it further. He may pop in here before you know it...

OK, Inger, so I downloaded your modal/image gallery file, saved it as a component, and added that to the site I'm working on. I changed the images to the drawings the artist wants on her website. (I've only done the "graphite.html" page with this so far.) But I can't figure out how to make the pop-up image appear, or to add the title & description that will show with the picture. (Ideally, I would have a caption with the painting title, size, medium, & sale price.) I assigned id's to each of the first 2 images on the page, just to test. I tried different settings for the href in the Elements pane, including using the id for the picture--with hashtag, of course. No go. The best it's given me so far is, when I preview it in Firefox & click on the image, it jumps to the page header. :( I even tried changing the target attribute to "_blank." That opens the whole gallery in a new tab. I tried to attach the file I'm working on (as a zip file), but both times I've tried posting, it's returned a 500 error. If you need to see the file, I'll try again. Hope you or someone can point me in the right direction! :/ Thanks in advance!

The thumbnails need the attribute "data open| with the vale of the relevant modal window ID
the thumbnail;s don't nee #tag link but if you want to then that has to be the ID of the modal window too

To open the modal window so you can change the image add a caption whatever
go to the inspector tab & look for the relevant modal window (orange ID) it will have the eyeball icon with a strikethrough,, lick on the eyeball open it. do your editing hit the eyeball again and it will close it,, repeat as many times as required
The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.