How to change the font info in...

User 1981050 Photo

96 posts

I just upgraded from Designer 2.5 to 5.0, lordy, what a difference! I'm basically starting from scratch and I'm trying to figure the process out. I've printed out the guide and am trying to work from the guide as I read it. I eventually want to have a website to sell items. I've selected the template Black Bikes in the Foundation Framework, for no real reason, just decided to start there. I may or may not keep this template.
Anyway, I've figure out how to change the background and replace the existing header type with my own. Now I want to change the font, font color and resize it. I've read in the guide to use the Typography section under the Styles Pane>Design. But every time I try to apply something the type I'm trying to change jumps a little but does not change. I've tried selecting the type I want to change but this take me to the inline edit and I understand that I don't want to use that. I can change the alignment but that is all.
Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

To change the font, size, colour etc of the contents in a div, you select the div in question and go to the pane you have open in the screenshot you sent. It is only if you want to change just part of the contents that you need to wrestle with the inline text editor. And then you have to select/mark the bits you want to change.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 1981050 Photo

96 posts

Thank you for your response! This is what I thought. I'm reading the guide as I go along, thinking that I will retain more of it if I actually do what I'm reading and hopefully will come up with a nice site as I do.
I've selected the "Header 2" in the container and went to the Typography section in the Styles pane. I have been able to apply a color to the type and make it Italic and change the alignment but I can't change the font or the size of the font. I can also change the font from regular to bold or whatever and it will apply that. But when I try to change the font the type will jerk like it is trying to change but something is stopping it, if that makes sense. If you can look closely at the screenshot, you will see that I've changed the font to Andale Mono and it reads the font I've changed it to but the type on the page stays the original font, Anton. I'm probably doing or not doing something simple, but I can't figure out what.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I tried the same template, did nothing but change the font, and it worked immediately. Afterwards, I changed the colour, font weight and size plus alignment, with no problems at all. If you cannot figure it out, maybe you could share your .rsd file, and someone from the forum could take a look.
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 1981050 Photo

96 posts

Thank you. Maybe, I'll try downloading the program again and see if that helps, then if that doesn't help I'll be back. I've noticed a few other things didn't work the way I thought they should. Maybe it was a bad install. Thanks again.
User 1981050 Photo

96 posts

I just reinstalled the program, it seems to be working correctly now. The more I typed about the problems I was having the more I thought about other things that wasn't working the way the guide said they should. I decided that there might be something wrong with the program and it wasn't installed correctly. Thank you for your help.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Just a quick note, having just seen this. I don't think it's a bad install. I too see the font change in the Site Designer canvas, but it seems not to change in the exported file.

I intend to look a bit more closely at this.

Frank
User 1981050 Photo

96 posts

Frank,
I couldn't even get it to change on the canvas. It is now working correctly so I'm thinking that my major problem was the install. You may have something else going on, and I may run into more down the road, but there was a lot of stuff I tried to do according to the guide that just wouldn't work the way they said it would. It makes it hard to learn how to use a program if it doesn't behave the way it is supposed to!
I haven't gotten anywhere near to exporting anything, so in my case, I don't know that there is an issue with the export.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Linda,

Thanks for reporting on this.

I think that the problem I was seeing was that the Site Designer canvas appears to display a different version of the Andalé Mono font from the one my browsers display.

Doing an Internet image search regarding that font leads me to the conclusion that the SD canvas is probably showing a version of the font which may no longer match current versions of it.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.