How to apply change over entire...

User 256339 Photo

25 posts

Example situation: I have the same website footer on ten website pages. At present time, if I make a desired change (such as an additional "url link") on my index.html page footer, and want this same change also made on the other nine html page footers, I have to edit the other nine.... which makes for a total of ten page footer edits. I would like to be able to make one edit and it apply to all ten pages at the same time.
How would I go about getting this accomplished?

Many thanks,

Jerry
Jerry H
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts

Make the footer into a 'symbol', add the symbol to all the pages. That means you create the symbol on one page, then remove the footer from the other nine pages and re-add the symbol to those pages. When you have done this, you only have to change the contents on one of the pages, and the changes will be reflected on all.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 256339 Photo

25 posts

Inger wrote:
Make the footer into a 'symbol', add the symbol to all the pages. That means you create the symbol on one page, then remove the footer from the other nine pages and re-add the symbol to those pages. When you have done this, you only have to change the contents on one of the pages, and the changes will be reflected on all.

Thank you ever so much Inger. keyword 'symbol' put me on the right path. This is a real game changer, I now no longer feel like I'm chasing my tail in vicious circles.
https://tutorials.coffeecup.com/site-de … mbols.html
Jerry H
User 485234 Photo

7 posts

Hi, Inger (Mr. Senior Advisor):
A related problem, I must somehow accidentally be turning on the "symbol" function as, several times, I have found the "symbol" function in operation copying what I have meant for one page heading onto all the page headings. I thought I had turn it off (and cleared it) but then it was happening again on the next change I make. Do you know how something that is part of a normal set of keystrokes could be triggering this operation. Thanks!
Dan R.
User 2699991 Photo

4,817 posts
Online Now

Dan wrote:
Hi, Inger (Mr. Senior Advisor):
A related problem, I must somehow accidentally be turning on the "symbol" function as, several times, I have found the "symbol" function in operation copying what I have meant for one page heading onto all the page headings. I thought I had turn it off (and cleared it) but then it was happening again on the next change I make. Do you know how something that is part of a normal set of keystrokes could be triggering this operation. Thanks!
Dan R.

That's Mrs Inger
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.