How to accomplish a fixed width site...

User 332337 Photo

120 posts

On the Coffeecup website - there is a video playing that shows different themes "in action" within Site Designer being modified. One of these themes shows a coffee house site that shows the breakpoint slider moving to a larger screen size and the site body stops with a repeating background (brown triangles) showing up as the control slider continues to move to the right.

How can this be done? I have a site that this would be perfect for, just not understanding the semantics of body, container div, content containers within Site Designer.

Thank you
-K
User 2699991 Photo

4,797 posts

Set the body width max to the size you want then L & R
Margins to auto.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

The video you are describing, K, is being done in the Email Designer. It is a soon-to-be template for RED.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,797 posts

K Spoor wrote:
On the Coffeecup website - there is a video playing that shows different themes "in action" within Site Designer being modified. One of these themes shows a coffee house site that shows the breakpoint slider moving to a larger screen size and the site body stops with a repeating background (brown triangles) showing up as the control slider continues to move to the right.

How can this be done? I have a site that this would be perfect for, just not understanding the semantics of body, container div, content containers within Site Designer.

Thank you
-K

The video you are describing, K, is being done in the Email Designer. It is a soon-to-be template for RED.

So are you wanting the background to have a pattern rather than just plain?

If so it isn't the body that needs the fixed (max) width, its the containers holding the elements that need the fixed(max) width.

If you want just a plain background then the body is the one to apply the fixed (max) width to
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 332337 Photo

120 posts

Thank you, so fixed width site containers with the pattern added to the body background.

I will try.

-K

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.