How do I add items to a Dropdown in a...

User 41350 Photo


Registered User
12 posts

I'm trying hard to love SD 5.1 coming from Webflow, but I keep having the hardest time with what are fairly simple tasks. Currently, I'm trying to add items to a dropdown in a Bootstrap 4 menu Component, but I can't figure out how. Is there a tutorial on this anywhere?
Steve Brame
Brame Web Design
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
4,801 posts
Online Now

Steve wrote:
I'm trying hard to love SD 5.1 coming from Webflow, but I keep having the hardest time with what are fairly simple tasks. Currently, I'm trying to add items to a dropdown in a Bootstrap 4 menu Component, but I can't figure out how. Is there a tutorial on this anywhere?


without knowing which component you have used its difficult to guess but try"

select the dropdown menu from your working canvas
move over to the 'inspctor' panel (top right)

There you will see the menu items, select the bottom one, --- right click and select duplicate, use the up/down arrows if you need change its position

Edit- href and text accordingly,,
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 41350 Photo


Registered User
12 posts

Got it! Never thought to look in the Inspector. Kind of a weird departure from the UI to add menu items, but it works. I assume that you have to fill in the actual URL for each link, instead of being able to choose from a list of pages in my project.
Steve Brame
Brame Web Design
User 41350 Photo


Registered User
12 posts

BTW, I'm using the only Bootstrap 4 Menu Component that I see that has a Dropdown element in it.

See attached.
Attachments:
Steve Brame
Brame Web Design
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
4,801 posts
Online Now

Steve wrote:
Got it! Never thought to look in the Inspector. Kind of a weird departure from the UI to add menu items, but it works. I assume that you have to fill in the actual URL for each link, instead of being able to choose from a list of pages in my project.


If you start typing a page name in the href box SD will give you a dropdown with a choice of pages,
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
4,801 posts
Online Now

Steve wrote:
BTW, I'm using the only Bootstrap 4 Menu Component that I see that has a Dropdown element in it.

See attached.


Ahh thats from the additional components not the default, I don;t use bootstrap anyway, so don't have that component, but seems you have achieved the task
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
4,801 posts
Online Now

Steve wrote:
Got it! Never thought to look in the Inspector. Kind of a weird departure from the UI to add menu items, but it works. I assume that you have to fill in the actual URL for each link, instead of being able to choose from a list of pages in my project.


There are otherways, but that was the simpliest way to explain,

Right clicking on any element displays a menu with multi choices (duplicate being one of them)

Right clicking on any selected element that is highlighted along the bottom menu, also gives many choices (including 'Duplicate) t

As far a step by step video tutorials, I wouldn't know of any for bootstrap, I use foundation 6 and have a lot of step by step tutorials that I have done, and I do individual ones too for specific probelems, but only for foundation and frameworkless
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 41350 Photo


Registered User
12 posts

"Ahh thats from the additional components not the default..."

When you say "the default Components", are you talking about 'Frameworkless'? If I don't import 'additional components, such as 'Frameworkless' or 'Bootstrap 4', I have no 'Components' available.
Steve Brame
Brame Web Design
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
4,801 posts
Online Now

Steve wrote:
"Ahh thats from the additional components not the default..."

When you say "the default Components", are you talking about 'Frameworkless'? If I don't import 'additional components, such as 'Frameworkless' or 'Bootstrap 4', I have no 'Components' available.R

Really there should be a while bunch of them
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 41350 Photo


Registered User
12 posts

Nope... none.
Attachments:
Steve Brame
Brame Web Design

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.