Funky menu - Post ID 295050

User 2368890 Photo

24 posts

I am trying to tweak a site design in Site Designer v4, build 3196. I am using the Foundation Framework 6.5.3. I have one element in the menu, "Purchase Books," that I want to make a dropdown menu. I have it set up to drop down to a sub-menu, "Autographed Books" & "Unsigned Books," with the latter dropping down in another sub-menu to links for the online stores where someone can purchase unsigned books. The problem is, the entire menu system shows up from the get-go, with no hidden dropdowns. Technically, the links do work, but it's just ugly! So far, I've only done the home (about the author) page in a Test Site directory (https://patricialavigneauthor.com/testSite/index.html). I'm attaching the Site Designer file. I don't know if the problem is with the classes I've assigned for the menu containers/links, or the attributes. With the latter, I really don't know what I'm doing! I tried going on the Foundation website, in hopes of figuring this out myself, but can't apply what I see there to what Site Designer is giving me. :( TIA for any help!
Attachments:
User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Andrea La Vigne wrote:
I am trying to tweak a site design in Site Designer v4, build 3196. I am using the Foundation Framework 6.5.3. I have one element in the menu, "Purchase Books," that I want to make a dropdown menu. I have it set up to drop down to a sub-menu, "Autographed Books" & "Unsigned Books," with the latter dropping down in another sub-menu to links for the online stores where someone can purchase unsigned books. The problem is, the entire menu system shows up from the get-go, with no hidden dropdowns. Technically, the links do work, but it's just ugly! So far, I've only done the home (about the author) page in a Test Site directory (https://patricialavigneauthor.com/testSite/index.html). I'm attaching the Site Designer file. I don't know if the problem is with the classes I've assigned for the menu containers/links, or the attributes. With the latter, I really don't know what I'm doing! I tried going on the Foundation website, in hopes of figuring this out myself, but can't apply what I see there to what Site Designer is giving me. :( TIA for any help!

Hi Andrea

I would suggest that you really start again, in any case, the first thing you need to do is De-link the container that is set as a symbol, because you are going to need to assign some ID's and because it is a symbol, then until you de-link it you cannot assign an ID.

So personally I would start again build the menu with the dropdowns, then once that is correct & done you can re-assign it as a symbol and insert it onto the other pages as you desire.

I don't use SDv4 anymore, but I can do a video thingy, because the principle is the same for V4 or V5 alternatively you could use one of the menu components (with dropdown) and re-style it, which would be probably just as quick as trying to get your menu fixed.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.