Font issue with v3511 - Post ID 299303

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

I'm having an issue with editing an off canvas menu with v3511.

I'm trying to edit the text color and no matter what I try it just doesn't stick. The color in the editor changes but the text color stays like it was.

I have a menu on a site I need to work on and it's just strange that this started. I opened another project file and the same thing happened.

Anyone else have this happen lately?

I can't put up a file as this is a customer's site. I'm going to make a copy and try and build the menu from scratch.

Thanks for any answers,
Ernie
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

Any error messages?
What kind of menu is it?
Any one of the components?
Are you changing the colour in the Inline Text Editor?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Zero error messages.
Off canvas menu (Never had an issue before)
Scratch built
It doesn't make any difference where I change the color. I can change the color and then it just stays the original color.

I can't go back a vers because I have been using 3511 and didn't keep copies like a dummy. I usually do that but just didn't.

I have to walk away from the computer for the rest of the evening or I'll throw it in the canal behind the house for the gators to eat.
User 2699991 Photo

4,799 posts
Online Now

Ernie Hodge wrote:
Zero error messages.
Off canvas menu (Never had an issue before)
Scratch built
It doesn't make any difference where I change the color. I can change the color and then it just stays the original color.

I can't go back a vers because I have been using 3511 and didn't keep copies like a dummy. I usually do that but just didn't.

I have to walk away from the computer for the rest of the evening or I'll throw it in the canal behind the house for the gators to eat.

YES Ernie, sometimes in text editor that happens to me, it's a real pain in the delicate parts when that happens,

one way I get around it is
in text editor I highlight one character give it a new class name (even if it already has one) and see what the text colour is if it's what I want I then change the colour to another one, then change it back to the colour I want staraight away (making sure that the character is still highlighted)

I then select the rest of the text and give it the new class name.

That usually does the trick.
It's one of the small hiccups that I have mentioned numerous times to the CC gurus, that happens to me whilst editing text in text editor,, they don't seem to be able to replicate any of those funny things, which makes it difficult to find a fix for,, one day they might be able to find it.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,799 posts
Online Now

Hi again
You wouldn't believe it
It has just happened to me again, but this time with a Heading 1 text, and not ibn text editor mode,

I added the H1 into a container, it's default colour is black, I edited it to the text I wanted, came out of text editor and then tried to make it white colour bold and italic,

Nothing try as I might nothing, still black still default text still plain

STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Wayan,
I uninstalled Site Designer and reinstalled. I opened my off canvas menu and couldn't get what you said to do.

Then I tried highlighting the entire text, set the color and with it highlighted just retyped the text. That worked so either that's one thing I didn't try or the combination of the reinstall did something.

I have a menu to change colors on next so if it continues to work I will come back and let you know.
User 2699991 Photo

4,799 posts
Online Now

Ernie Hodge wrote:
Wayan,
I uninstalled Site Designer and reinstalled. I opened my off canvas menu and couldn't get what you said to do.

Then I tried highlighting the entire text, set the color and with it highlighted just retyped the text. That worked so either that's one thing I didn't try or the combination of the reinstall did something.

I have a menu to change colors on next so if it continues to work I will come back and let you know.

Well done Ernie
Glad you got it going again so far
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

OK, this worked for most of the entries but sometimes it would just change the font weight and not the color even though the color was showing the correct color.

I guess everyone is on their own with this issue. If anything changes I'll update here.
User 2699991 Photo

4,799 posts
Online Now

Ernie Hodge wrote:
OK, this worked for most of the entries but sometimes it would just change the font weight and not the color even though the color was showing the correct color.

I guess everyone is on their own with this issue. If anything changes I'll update here.

Well I don't know about everyone or anyone else, but the similar issue for me that I kept getting has sort of gone away

I understand why you don't want to send the project file, but maybe a screenshot of the "STYLES" part only with the menu thingy selected might help a bit

and then a screenshot (same section) with one of the links selected
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

I didn't think about a screenshot and now I have all the colors fixed. If I have this happen again I will post some screenshots.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.