font icon glyph not wysiwyg - Post ID...

User 2624719 Photo

267 posts

Hi All
i have been working on materilize framework site and when i choose facebook glyph in font icon list it appears ok in SD but when published it changes to twitter icon . i also tried the facebook 2 and that published as the radar for a wifi anyone else had this problem?

Kind Regards Adrian
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Seems to work correctly here, but I didn't upload it, only previewed it in a browser. Do you have an older version of SD? I remember there was a change with the glyphs a couple of years ago that led to some wrong ones being shown.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2624719 Photo

267 posts

Hi Inger

I am the latest relese 5- 3541 it works fine in the program only when i upload is it wrong.
i tried a few times cleared the cache in the browser tried Google Chrome Firefox and Edge all had the same
result
Cheers Adrian
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

I tried again, this time I also uploaded the test file, but it displays correctly. Maybe someone else has some ideas to help, or if not, you need to contact CC, I guess.
Or, maybe try to download SD again, uninstall the version you have, reboot the machine and install the new one?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Perhaps the following has already been tried, but, if not, I would be inclined to do a full export to a local hard drive, and test that in browsers. If that works OK, it might be worth then uploading all the files and folders from that local export folder to the server using DirectFTP or another FTP program.

If the above does the trick it may be that something untoward was occurring in the upload process - and the main suspect for not having been fully uploaded is the fonts folder.

Frank
User 2624719 Photo

267 posts

Hi Frank / Inger
Ive tried looking at the fonts folder and all seem to be ok what i dont get is that the set changes after the upload perhaps something to do with google font type not sure thanks for looking Inger /Frank

Kind regards
Adrian
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Just musing.

If the matter shows correctly in "Preview on ..." and local exports, I wonder what would happen if the font folder on the server were to be completely deleted and then the font folder were re-uploaded.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Something else worth checking:
1. Has the location to which you are uploading the page/site, got anything from earlier uploads? If there is a Fonts folder, try to remove it (or rename it) temporarily and upload it anew with your current project.
2. Recently CC has changed the installation location. Earlier SD was installed in the appdata\roaming folder, but now the default location is ProgramFiles. If you have a font folder in the old location, try to remove it, then do a new upload.
3. Does this happen only in Materialize? Have you checked the other frameworks?

Other than this, I don't think I have any more suggestions.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2624719 Photo

267 posts

Hi Inger / Frank
Thanks for the heads up on the data change location i will do a few test on different frame works and see i will let you know in due course.

Kind regards Adrian
User 3148981 Photo

1 post

Hi, I've already dealt with this when I was working with a client's website, he needed to add a phone icon vector to the contacts tab. When working with this, I was supposed to set the image to look like an iPhone profile, but for some reason, a Samsung appeared, which was very ironic. We found a solution to this problem quickly. But as for yours, you either need to change the site or rewrite the page code.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.