copying a whole page design to a...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Steve wrote:
Hey Barry,

Unfortunately I have done this in the past. I'm not sure at this point if there is anything else to try. I just think its how the application works whether you do it from top down or bottom up it will start with either the first breakpoint to the right or first breakpoint to the left. Once you start altering the inner breakpoints its impossible to apply them to the outter ones.

In future versions of RLM I would love to see them start the default template with no breakpoints added at all like they do for RSD.

RLM does that now. The only layout that has default ones is the Bootstrap 2. All the rest have no default breakpoints added.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1471420 Photo

60 posts

Hi Steve,
Oh dear, that's what I was hoping not to hear. I've finished the site more or less, several pages, 4 breakpoints all looking great and then I noticed a rogue breakpoint slightly off screen to the right which cannot be deleted or copied over.

I guess its back to the drawing board then unless anyone has any ideas to save my backside? :(
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Sorry Scott my mistake. I was thinking of earlier versions of RLM.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 283347 Photo

388 posts

Hey Barry,

Not sure if this will help you...but worth a shot. http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respons … nd-tricks/

MJ
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Just letting you know this has been added to our list and we have been discussing improvements here. No ETA yet (but since we have had this ourselves, switching from giant monitors in the office to the laptop at home, we feel your pain :/).

I guess the good news is that the base layout and all the content are still there. Here's how we quickly remade the design: preview it in a browser like Chrome and right click to activate the web inspector. Select an element and look at the CSS properties (make sure you browser is small enough so the breakpoint kicks in). Now setting the same styles in RSD should be pretty fast. What we found is that doing this a second time often improves the design as well. :P
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 1471420 Photo

60 posts

Hi Mark, thanks for the tip, works perfectly to delete the rogue BP, but when i do that all the formatting disappears as well as the images and paths. Strange eh? This is why i was trying to copy the design at one BP to another BP.
User 1471420 Photo

60 posts

Thanks Bob (i think we posted at the same time there!)
I'll try that. Rebuilding now...

Glad you have this on the wish list. I think if we could copy and paste elements, with formatting, from one BP to another that would be great.

Thanks all for your help :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.