Copy Past Text not adhering Type...

User 2942998 Photo

74 posts

Yet another question...

I am building a page based on the Technologic template. II am not modifying since I would have to de-construct the page, I am basically building the same page from scratch so I learn to construct.

Here's the question, I add a DIV Container, give it a class say text-wrapper. I add a paragraph container and give it a class text-paragraph, stylize typography with font, color, size, etc.

If I type in the text all is good, if I copy paste text from notepad, it looks fine in Site Designer Archivo 16px White, when it renders in the browser and preview the text is Helvetica 14px Black.

CSS is not my friend
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

Could it be that you forgot changing the font, size and colour, or the class name? Or set them at some too wide breakpoint? It works fine here.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

This page seems worth considering regarding Google fonts, particularly that many of them apparently feature a limited set of weights and styles.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

... And what they say about the off-line state struck me. Google fonts are linked to, from an on-line source.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2942998 Photo

74 posts

Thank you for the responses.

New DIV, new class and styling set font, size and color using a 16-20px.

The part I don't get is if I type the text, works fine, if I past the text it breaks. so why the difference, all the same typography?

I also have instances where I can't change a style, the text is at 50px, change the size to 25px and can't do, stays at 50px.
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

This is sort of a long shot. Try typing just a word with your formatting in place, highlight the word and then paste your copied text. If you're using paragraphs just highlight the placeholder text and paste your text from your clipboard.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

I haven't actually experimented much with this, so I may be wrong, but:
When you paste in some text, you need to first make the paragraph (or wherever the text goes) editable. The text editor that appears on the right side of the screen has styling options. DON'T use them if you are styling all of the text you are pasting! That inline text editor is only to be used if you want to change part of the text, like e.g. give one word a different colour, make it bold, give it a link etc.
Normally you paste the text, then click on Finish for the inline editor to close, and then you go to Typography in the Design tab on the Styles pane and do your styling. Maybe this is where it went wrong for you? Others have also had such issues.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.