Container float - Post ID 254856

User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

I know how to place a picture and use float to have a paragraph "respond" and adjust around a picture I can't seem to make a container do the same I am trying to put a caption under a picture and have the copy float around both the pic and the copy.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Byron
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You don't really need to use a Container for that. Give this a try instead:

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … -an-image/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

Sorry - didn't explain myself - I use the wrap often but what if I'm trying to have a caption under the picture? I could make the copy part of the image but would rahter have the copy availbe to size according to break points. Hope that makes sense.

I can't seem to figure out how to make the caption follow the picture so that text wraps around both the picture and the copy

Thanks

Byron
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Byron Tipping wrote:
Sorry - didn't explain myself - I use the wrap often but what if I'm trying to have a caption under the picture? I could make the copy part of the image but would rahter have the copy availbe to size according to break points. Hope that makes sense.

I can't seem to figure out how to make the caption follow the picture so that text wraps around both the picture and the copy

Thanks

Byron

Yes, that makes more sense. :) For that you would need to use a container. Float it left and place the image and caption inside the container, the text that you want to wrap would be placed outside the container.
User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

Tried that but I can't seem to get it to work

As a work around I just placed the caption below the pic and saved both the pic and copy as an image - I tried to get the container the float correctly (doing the same thing I did with just pictures) and could not get it to work .

Thanks

Byron
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

How about adding two containers into column( one for picture one another for text) then negative margin for text?
Kind of overlapping text on picture.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

Interesting - will try these again. I could not get them to work but maybe fresh brain and coffee will help!

Thanks

Byron

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.