CoffeeCup pricing - Post ID 292680

User 2792467 Photo

161 posts

I have been a SD user for 5 years now. In total I spent the last 5 years 583 dollars buying SD (and all its predecessors like RSD, FF, BB, CSS grid - all included in SD) plus WFB. In addition I paid more dollars for other products like themes, Website insight, Responsive Content Slider .

My SD subscription ended for SD ended a week ago. So now I need to pay 138 dollars for extending SD and WFB for one year. My plan was to buy in addition Form Designer and RED: price 29 plus129 dollar in total. All together 296 dollar.

So as a customer I am being asked to pay 296 dollars now, while a new customer can get it all for 199 dollar.
Yes, I know I can just buy this extra license for 199, but I do not need 2 licenses.

Did I miss something important or is this really a customer rip-off??

Eindhoven :: Netherlands

It's easy to see, once you see it.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Hi, Do contact Suzanne at the CC support. There are bits and bobs with the subscription payment not working yet. Suzanne will help you so that you won't be paying over the odds.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

:rolleyes:
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 2792467 Photo

161 posts

Suzanne made me a great offer that I could not refuse ;) .
So I am happy again.

Eindhoven :: Netherlands

It's easy to see, once you see it.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

:)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2624719 Photo

265 posts

Hi Hennie
I Hope the offer is on offer when its time for my renewal i think this move to support renewal is valid as when you purchase a car you expect to pay for servicing after the initial free service , this model is now industry standard and it should be welcomed as it means that it encourages the support staff to do there very best to help , so lets look at this as a positive rather than a negative .

Kind Regards
Adrian
User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

adrian horn wrote:
Hi Hennie
I Hope the offer is on offer when its time for my renewal i think this move to support renewal is valid as when you purchase a car you expect to pay for servicing after the initial free service , this model is now industry standard and it should be welcomed as it means that it encourages the support staff to do there very best to help , so lets look at this as a positive rather than a negative .

Kind Regards
Adrian

I agree with this to a certain point. I buy a car say at $20000 however my service/tax/insurance only costs me say $2000 a year. So roughly 10% of the original cost.

I buy Site designer for $99. After the year its costing me 70% of the original cost as to renew is $69
That is a heck of a difference.
Now i don't use much of the support but I certainly would like my software like my car to run smoothly with up to date parts.

In all likely hood because the renewal is so steep many will run with last version until there have been sufficient upgrades to warrant paying for a renewal. For this there would need to be a lot of new features as you are not that far off paying for your (Car) again.

However glad Hennie got the deal he was looking for...

Tony
User 2093190 Photo

115 posts

Comparing cars to software is like comparing apples to pears.
It is now common to use software with a subscription (see Adobe). How in heaven's name is a company supposed to continue to exist when the market is saturated, with only a few new customers?
For me it is not a problem to secure the further development. And I don't care what the percentage of the subscription to the new price is.
What is still interesting to know is that the price of the site designer has dropped with the switch to the subscription model.
puncto – grafik & marketing
D - 69126 Heidelberg
https://www.puncto.info
Actually you´ll find my work here: https://puncto.coffeecup.com/
User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

Well Uwe, If I was to agree with you we would both be wrong.

The subscription model has not made the software cheaper. We used to buy the software at a price and it was yours forever and ever with updates and support.
With Subscription your paying every year for the software with a very slight reduction on renewal but if the software has a long life span you are paying a lot more for it than you used to. However I concede a company still has to bring in revenue.

My only beef is the amount of the renewal cost. 70% is way to high. That is why I say many will let their subscription expire and only renew when there have been lots of new features added.

Now I am away to have my apple and pear crumble.:)
Tony
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Tony your almost right in what you said above with the thing. When you buy the software please tell me one company that will provide lifetime support and free updates.

Also you do not have to update your software as it will continue to work as intended. I still use RSD 1.5 on some of my projects that has not been updated for years and works just fine. Hell I still have RLMP (Responsive Layout Maker Pro), remember that one! That was one revolutionary application that started all this and still works fine without any updates.

This would be no different then buying Adobe on CD when they used to offer it, if you needed support for that version they would tell you to pound sand and get the updated software lol...

Anyways as always enjoy and have a great week.
Happy website building all
Steve
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.