Canvas slider handle in SD 4 Build...

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

I did just find something in one of my projects.

I have a project that required two smaller breakpoints. That's the project where I just don't have the handle on the side. Other projects that use the standard breakpoints act like in Inger's video.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

I think the very quickest way to restore the handle is to hover the mouse on Body in the element list below the canvas and then move the cursor straight up to the canvas. I think that Inger may have discovered this, but I didn't get any sound on the video she made.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

I didn't make any sounds! :lol:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Thanks, Inger, for the silent video you made. I tried, but failed, yesterday to make a screen-cast with sound for a report to the CoffeeCup team about the matter.

The report I've just made to the team summarised the findings in this thread and referred in particular to your screen-cast.

Frank
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Today's update (build 3069) restores the handle whenever one needs it, even though it may temporarily disappear while on non-Body elements of the Element Tree or of the element list below the canvas. That satisfies me.

The matter was apparently more complex than I imagined. It depended on the type of screen one used, and affected both OS X and Windows, but mainly Windows because it seems that the screens unaffected were primarily on Apple machines.

My thanks to those who posted on this, especially Hennie and Inger, making my report to the CoffeeCup team more specific than it otherwise could have been.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

Yes, I have also updated, and I have no problems seeing that handle. They also have included a list of recent used fonts in the font selection interface.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.